Deals Editor - Based in Hong Kong
Posted Sep 25, 2019 - Requisition No. 78380
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organisations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through to in-depth features.
We are seeking an experienced editor for our Deals team in Asia. You will be working with reporters across the region on breaking news about corporate mergers, initial public offerings, activism and private equity deals. You will also help coordinate coverage across industry teams and bureaus on market-moving deals.
Ideally you will be calm under pressure, collaborative and enjoy a fast-paced breaking news environment. You would have experience editing stories about companies and/or financial markets. You will also be able to produce clear, concise and accurate copy under deadline pressure. Experience editing feature stories and helping reporters develop their enterprise writing skills is definitely a plus. As an experienced editor, you will also be expected to serve as a mentor to reporters and should be comfortable working within a team environment on a high-profile group.
We will trust you to:
- Quickly handle exclusive market-moving stories based on accurate, reliable sourcing
- Coordinate with reporters and editors across teams and geographies on the biggest breaking news stories in the region
- Maintain composure under intense deadline pressure
- Be committed to the best journalistic practices, sound judgement and a willingness to learn
You will need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent editing skills
- Proven experience in financial journalism
- Robust knowledge of the economy, markets and business world
- Proven success in generating story ideas as well as mentoring and coaching reporters
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/about/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.