Derivatives Data Analyst
Posted Jan 24, 2023 - Requisition No. 113624
Bloomberg runs on data. Our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes - all while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
Our Listed Derivatives data team seeks a Data Analyst to help us drive the data set forward. The team provides our users with complete and accurate, normalized security listings and reference data for tens of millions of securities across more than 100 Derivatives exchanges globally. Cross-functional collaboration, domain expertise, and automation is paramount for our ability to continuously deliver high quality data to our rapidly growing customer base.
In this role you will design and implement solutions, measure and communicate impact, improve accuracy and timeliness, as well as communicate with clients and partners. You will develop Derivatives specific domain knowledge and apply your impressive array of skills to solve evolving business challenges by devising and implementing intelligent and scalable solutions to improve the coverage and quality of our data offering. You will join a global team of dedicated individuals and experts where your interests and enthusiasm will have significant impact on the team’s success.
We trust you to:
- Become a domain expert within the world of Listed Derivatives
- Support the day-to-day workflow of our team, including launching new instruments, performing corporate actions, and ensuring the quality of our universe of over 25 million tickers
- Provide customer support for users of Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service, News, and Enterprise Solutions
- Acquire, update, and maintain high-quality financial data using internal systems and proprietary company software
- Work with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, Engineering and News to help develop and enhance the product
- Find opportunities to improve efficiency of existing workflows and build automated solutions for data standardization, ETL pipelines, and human-in-the-loop data processing
- Communicate effectively with partners at all stages of a project, from sourcing ideas and determining requirements to explaining methodological decisions and project outcomes
You’ll need to have:
- Demonstrated interest in financial markets
- Proficiency in Python or another major programming language, Git, UNIX and SQL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly for client management
- Ability to navigate a large organization and create solutions based on at times incomplete information. We take care of messy data from disparate sources and legacy systems with limited documentation
- Strong passion for data, technology, and finance with the aspiration to work in the FinTech/data management industry
We’d love to see:
- Knowledge of Derivatives instruments and their uses
- Experience in dealing with databases, schemas, JSON files
- Proven track record of using technology to innovate data products and processes
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.