Designer, Bloomberg Connects App
Posted Mar 17, 2022 - Requisition No. 101579
Designer, Bloomberg Connects App
Bloomberg Connects is a rapidly growing, free app that lets you access museums, galleries, and cultural spaces around the world. Launched in November 2019, the app features engaging, multi-media guides with insightful and unique content exclusive to each of our partners such as The Guggenheim, MoMA PS1, Serpentine Galleries, and many more. The venture is a collaboration between Bloomberg LP and Bloomberg Philanthropies and aims to broaden access to arts and culture worldwide.
With our number of U.K.-based organizations growing exponentially, we are looking for a new graphic designer to join our team. As our London-based designer you will take the lead in developing print and digital marketing materials, signage, social assets and more for museums and cultural/heritage sites in your region. Additionally, you will work with our New York-based design team on brand initiatives, campaigns, and content for our dedicated social media channels.
We will trust you to:
- Visit and collaborate with Museums, cultural spaces, etc. in the U.K. along with your marketing and partnerships teammates to provide design guidance and marketing assets for our partners.
- Bring world-class design skills to Bloomberg Connects on a wide array of created projects.
- Be a strong communicator who can interpret complex briefs, receive creative feedback, and present their ideas effectively.
- Bring exceptional attention to detail working alongside the rest of the design team in ensuring our work is completed at the highest level.
- Bring a strong sense of design style with excellent skills in graphic design, typography, photography and motion graphics.
- Work within a defined but dynamic visual/brand system.
- Move fluidly across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Work seamlessly across time zones with our New York based design team.
- Have knowledge and experience in production design with the ability to build and submit mechanical files for both print & digital and liaise with production vendors to see projects to completion.
- Contribute to a culture of creativity with fresh ideas and a can-do attitude.
You will need to have:
- A portfolio that demonstrates extraordinary creative work
- 5+ years* experience in a similar role within a company or agency with a focus on consumer-facing creative development. Experience in the Arts and Cultural space is a plus.
- Strong operating knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, with a focus in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Knowledge of Sketch, Canva, Figma, After Effects a plus.
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Strong print and digital experience with proficiency in speaking the language of design and video production. Able to effectively communicate with creatives from other disciplines.
- Ability to effectively communicate design concepts and creative work to other team members and partner organizations.
- An easy-going attitude, calm under pressure and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with designing for events or other physical environments is a plus.
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We will get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.