Desktop System Administrator
Posted Oct 29, 2019 - Requisition No. 79269
The Global Information Systems Group (Infosys) is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting Bloomberg’s internal IT systems. This includes our global corporate network plus all hardware, software and the enterprise applications used by nearly 21,000 employees in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world. We focus on enterprise solutions, productivity tools, and IT systems integration which helps move all of Bloomberg's businesses forward.
As part of the Infosys infrastructure organisation, the Global System Administration team is trusted to ensure that thousands of infrastructure and endpoint devices are functioning effectively. We provide all the day-to-day hands on management and support for Desktops, Servers, Storage, Software, Networks and Telecoms systems keeping tens of thousands of employees productive. Bloomberg moves fast and so do we, constantly challenging ourselves to improve the way we do things as well as the technology/services we provide.
What's the role?
As part of the Systems Administration Team you will use industry standard tools, configuration management and automation to maintain and support a wide range of systems. The main focus of this role is to deliver a high level of user efficiency by maintaining a secure and stable Windows Desktop/Server environment. You will have an opportunity to work on a team of seasoned IT professionals with a state of the art global IT footprint.
You'll need to have:
- Strong interpersonal skills including networking, collaboration, communication, time management, being able to adapt to different audiences, environments and cultures
- A positive, proactive and thorough approach to work
- Solid understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy architecture
- Advanced understanding of Windows Operating Systems
- Experience with Windows 10 support
- Knowledge in server and client application administration in a large-scale global IT environment
- An understanding of Operating system imaging, software deployment and patching
- Scripting skills utilising PowerShell or Python
- Experience with SQL queries
- Mac administration skills including deploying software and patches
- Experience working within an Agile framework
- Experience working with VMware ESXi
- Experience with Citrix based environments
We would love to see:
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.