Developer in Test - Ticker Plant (Contractor)
Posted May 30, 2019 - Requisition No. 75338
The Ticker Plant builds software that manages the storage and distribution of intraday Market Data and provides it to downstream clients within the Bloomberg Terminal and to our Enterprise clients. Market Data is information - trades, quotes, and other pricing data - gathered from around the world on every possible kind of financial instrument, from stocks and bonds to currencies and commodities. This amounts to more than 80 billion unique events per day (growing all the time) applied to millions of different instruments.
In London, we own the Ticker Plant Pipeline, the part of the system that determines how feeds data gets into the Ticker Plant and its associated infrastructure. The system we develop and maintain is highly performant with an emphasis on low and predictable latency, as well as effective utilization of the parallel processing power available on our servers.
You will be working on our Linux project, which will satisfy a major business priority of moving our performance-critical software to Linux. This will involve: researching and implementing porting techniques; refactoring, rewriting or retiring components as appropriate; demonstrating fitness for purpose on the new platform.
Who are you?
A skilled “Developer in Test” who enjoys solving and automating complex testing scenarios through code. Someone who can step back and identify maximum ROI for new areas of building automation. A person who can understand and use resources and people at your disposal to make assertions about how systems and areas should behave. An engineer with a mindset for maintaining and improving software quality.
You’ll need to have:
- A strong testing mind-set with the versatility to do what’s needed
- The ability to build robust test automation frameworks and tools for quality assurance testing and anomaly detection
- Experience in test automation and thinking about the system as a whole
- Demonstrated experience programming in C++ and Python
- Experience in all phases of the software development life cycle (design, implementation, test, deployment and maintenance in production)
- Strong communication skills
We'd love to see:
- Experience of large scale migrations of legacy systems to a new machine architectures
- Financial background and knowledge around market data
If this sounds like you, apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.