Digital Event Technician-12 Month Contract
Posted Nov 23, 2022 - Requisition No. 111843
Bloomberg is where data, people and ideas intersect. Data fuels global financial markets, informs important decisions, and is central to everything we do. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for.
At Bloomberg, you'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg Marketing partners with business leaders to seize opportunities and build impactful, innovative solutions. We deliver multi-disciplinary programs that gain attention and drive reactions.
The Global Events Team is responsible for the strategy, planning and management of events for our clients, prospects, influencers and employees. We partner across Marketing and with our internal team members globally to create events that provide our attendees with an enriched Bloomberg experience. The power of our data enables us to target the right audience at the right time to achieve the strongest outcomes.
Bloomberg is looking for a digital event support technician to join our Global Events Team. In this position, the candidate will run the technical success of Bloomberg’s virtual events. The role will serve as the primary audio-visual technician for each virtual event, collaborating with event managers to produce live, simulive and on-demand events across multiple platforms. Reporting to the Head of Event Technology, this role will support events across all of Bloomberg’s business verticals and will have the opportunity to influence the evolution of Bloomberg’s event technology program.
This role requires an organized individual with a passion for technology and customer service acumen. Working across multiple events simultaneously, the candidate should have strong, in-the-moment problem solving skills with the ability to deliver outstanding customer service.
We will trust you to:
Provide full end-to-end technical support for your assigned events:
Before the event:
- In coordination with the Event Manager, schedule and run all audio-visual and platform rehearsals, tech checks and pre-recordings.
- Identify any/all connectivity/technical issues during rehearsals/tech checks and provide a plan of action to the Event Manager to remedy and communicate to team members.
- Provide clear guidance to speakers on the backup plan should their primary audio or video source fail.
- Confirm all event assets have been received and are in place.
- Ensure event-level platform settings and run of show aligns with event best practices.
- Connect with the Quality Assurance team to ensure all events meet the Bloomberg branding guidelines, have the accurate workflows in place and any custom elements are integrated.
During the event:
- Support each event session in collaboration with the Event Manager according to the established processes and checklists.
- Manage the technical execution of the event’s run of show (advance slides, push video scenes, lower thirds, polling, etc).
- Provide immediate technical support to both speakers and attendees, including diagnosing and troubleshooting web browsers, bandwidth and other internet-related issues.
- Immediately bring up any event issues to the Virtual Event Program Manager.
After the event:
- Provide a clear and concise event debrief on the technical success of the event
- Basic video editing (top & tail) as required and confirm the event is available on demand.
- Follow the post event workflow steps appropriate for the specific platform used in event production.
- Assist with reporting and additional access questions as necessary.
- Drive customer satisfaction through confident and knowledgeable customer service interactions.
- Be proficient in the virtual event landscape, aware of current trends, vendors and best practices for delivering virtual events.
- Liaise with the global event technology team to identify any recurring issues
- Work closely with the Event Manager to provide audio-visual support for both virtual and hybrid events.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members such as A/V, Facilities, Information Systems, Design team, etc.
- Actively participate in strategy meetings to craft the evolution of the virtual event program.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in web streaming, videoconferencing and virtual event/AV production.
- Firsthand experience and technical knowledge of:
- Notified (additional platform experience (Hopin, Bizzabo) a strong plus
- Live encoding applications (vMix, Wirecast, OBS, FMLE, etc)
- Video best practices (bitrate, frame size, frame rate, etc)
- Online video delivery protocols (RTMP, WebRTC, UDP/TCP)
- Strong technical skills and some knowledge of HTML and/or CSS
- Communicate clearly and persuasively with internal and external clients to provide topline, outstanding support services.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills - willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done. Ensuring every component of an event has a fallback option should an issue arise.
- Ability to learn quickly and operate autonomously in a large, fast-paced, and changing environment.
- Capacity to run multiple events at the same time, adjusting quickly as priorities shift.
Does this sound like you?
If this sounds like you, please apply using the form below, and don’t forget to include a link to your portfolio. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com