Distressed Debt Reporter - London
Posted Jan 24, 2019 - Requisition No. 73100
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard and we work fast, moving markets and chronicling the rise and fall of the people who make them. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
You'd be part of a team that's chronicling an unprecedented boom in corporate debt, the wealth it's creating and the challenges it will pose in the region and to companies after the euro area reached a turning point for monetary stimulus. You'll focus on bankers, financial sponsors and hedge funds as they tackle the struggles of the most fragile, and sometime largest, borrowers in Europe.
The job includes cultivating sources to break news, and then using your story-telling skills to analyze and explain the importance of this market to a broad audience.
We're passionate about breaking news and writing stories that set the agenda, and we want reporters who are just as comfortable taking the lead on a story as they are collaborating with teammates. You'd be joining one of the boldest and smartest media organizations in the world and would be based in our European headquarters in London.
We'll trust you to:
- Break news in the Europe's distressed finance market and about the companies that rely on it
- Lean on existing sources and develop new ones to generate intelligent, high-impact, market-moving scoops
- Talk about your stories on Bloomberg TV, Bloomberg Radio and other channels within our expanding organization
- Analyze industry data
- Cover the beat with speed and accuracy
- Write insightful, thought-provoking features that add value
- Collaborate with colleagues across our more than 120 bureaus globally
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of three years in journalism with a focus on credit markets or corporate finance, or five years in business journalism with a proven track record for breaking news on beat coverage of a company or industry
- Experience with real-time news
- Ability to write quickly and clearly under deadline pressure
- Ability to generate exclusive, breaking news as well as informative feature stories
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.
If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com.