Diversity Talent Specialist - Diversity and Inclusion
Posted Jun 14, 2022 - Requisition No. 104431
Bloomberg drives disruptive innovation and breakthrough performance by embracing diversity in all its forms and all its nuances. We strive to build a culture that values difference, champions inclusion and promotes collaboration to drive business results. We work across regions to ensure that we're addressing local priorities consistent with local cultures.
Our overall strategy as a D&I team is driven by hiring, developing, accelerating and retaining underrepresented talent at Bloomberg.
Within the Diversity Specialist team our goal is make Bloomberg more successful by assessing our underrepresented talent, identifying skill gaps and crafting bespoke development experiences in order to help the talent grow and accelerate their careers. The best athletes have coaches that make them exceptional; they develop them differently and give them the chance to realise their potential. This is who we are to the Bloomberg organisation. We believe that having the right leaders from diverse backgrounds is absolutely critical to our business success and that they are there to make sure that innovation and business success happens. The strategy is to have a future-focused agenda so that we have diverse talent pipelines and succession plans across the Enterprise.
- Work closely with the global Diversity Talent Specialist team to design programs across the globe
- You will be the main lead for the delivery and implementation of programs in the EMEA region
- You will work closely with the talent pools, through coaching as well as the implementation of the programs.
- The role will allow you to get to know the underrepresented talent in the region and be the bridge to ensure the relevant HR and Business stakeholders are also familiar with the talent pools to feed into critical talent conversations and decisions.
We’ll trust you to:
- Understand the vision, purpose and strategy of the Diversity and Inclusion team and how all parts fit together.
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners and Business leaders to identify top diverse talent across different levels and build talent pools
- Collaborate with the relevant HR partners to design and deploy targeted programs that help increase capability and readiness of women and underrepresented minority ethnic talent
- Be strategic and ‘hands on’ at the same time. You will be asked to be the person who will coach and work with the underrepresented talent in the EMEA region. At the same time you will also be asked to be the person on the ground who is responsible for implementing the programs. This ability to be able to pivot according to the needs will be crucial to the success in this role.
- Use data, metrics and internal/external trends to arrive at insights to build and improve on programs
- Display professionalism, confidence, empathy and emotional intelligence when working with diverse talent and key stakeholders
- Measure the success of the programs and initiatives through dashboards and metrics
You’ll need to have:
- 7-10 years* of proven track record at the intersection of diversity, inclusion, and leadership
- Experience working with senior leaders to design and drive actions that create more ready-now diverse leaders
- Research-based knowledge on (and passion for) why diverse leadership matters and how to get there
- Ability to paint a compelling case to senior leaders
- Experience of coaching and working with diverse talent at all levels
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, facilitation, presentation, storytelling and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise work within a fast-paced, fluid environment; comfortable initiating, leading and managing change.
* Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role
We’d love to see:
- Experience (or education + aspiration) in career development / acceleration programs
- Degree, certifications and course work in specific areas of HR expertise, including coaching skills
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com