EM/Global Macro Strategist
Posted Apr 17, 2019 - Requisition No. 74717
You have an eye for the news that matters for markets, and the skill to translate what it means for investors. You will join the Markets Live team in London, where you will take cues from geopolitics, monetary policy, as well as economic developments, and translate them into actionable and market-relevant insights on our macro blog.
You will have a keen understanding of major emerging-market economies and their idiosyncratic catalysts, as well as the global developments that drive them. You will contribute data-based analysis of trends across various asset classes and collaborate with our team of bloggers, as well as the broader newsroom to further raise the bar of our markets coverage. You will be encouraged to look to contacts, conferences, academic research and even Twitter to keep your finger on the pulse of what gets our clients buzzing.
Bloomberg News is looking for global macro strategist, with an emerging markets focus, to join its Markets Live team in London. Responsibilities will include providing written commentary for Bloomberg's cross-asset blog. The position requires a strong grasp of financial markets and their interconnections, the ability to recognize and comment on market-moving news, and the analytical skills to look beyond immediate headlines and identify underlying shifts and trends.
We work hard, and we work fast -- while maintaining the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
We’ll trust you to:
- Exercise excellent news judgment
- Provide rates, FX and equity commentary for Bloomberg's Markets Live blog
- Look beyond immediate headlines and identify underlying themes and shifts in global markets, particularly in EM
- Write with authority and flair in English
- Be collaborative
- Have the ability to tap a varied pool of market contacts and analysis tools to shape ideas and commentary on significant trends
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Proven experience analysing or writing about global asset markets (EM-relevant experience preferred)
- Experience of working in a City environment or real-time news organization
- Strong work ethic and communication skills, team player, ability to work calmly under pressure
- Familiarity with Bloomberg terminal functions (preferred)
If that sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.