EMEA Benefits Technology Lead
Posted Sep 23, 2020 - Requisition No. 85980
People are Bloomberg's most critical assets and nowhere is this better reflected than when it comes to our benefits. At Bloomberg, we strive to provide our employees with fundamental tools to support their personal and family needs, so they can drive business success. To do this we are always looking at new and innovative ways to deliver benefits to our employees.
What's the role?
Bloomberg LP has an exciting opportunity to be part of the Global Benefits function, which serves over 20,000 employees in over 73 countries! Based in London, you will be responsible for working with the Benefits Program Leads to provide employee benefits in a variety of countries across the EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) region, including Health, Retirement, and Wellness. You'll have the opportunity to help maintain and improve benefits and leaves data, processes and systems requirements. You will primarily support local benefits operations for the region and will participate in global projects that impact all regional locations.
We'll trust you to:
- Work on benefit systems redesign/enhancements including analysing workflows, making recommendations, liaising with HR Shared Services, Payroll, HR Technology, Engineering and external vendors in order to drive change;
- Ensure the effective management of global benefit plans and leave of absence configuration within Workday and downstream to other internal systems, i.e. PeopleSoft;
- Review and reconcile data including collating and analysing benefits/leave data from multiple sources, identifying issues, fixing them, and documenting process changes;
- Design, configure and test new benefit plans and leave entitlements in Workday to ensure an excellent employee experience and strong operational processes for all internal partners. This will include documenting requirements, project planning, partnering with Engineering on testing and deployment, and liaising with HR Shared Services;
- Manage/troubleshoot any technical or process issues related to configuration raised by internal stakeholders; evaluate solutions to deliver changes and/or process improvements;
- Proactively identify potential system enhancements that improve our benefits and user experience and drive operational efficiency;
- Develop and foster relationships with key internal stakeholders and external vendors.
You'll need to have:
- At least 3+ years of experience* in the HRIS/benefits field;
- Workday experience related to configuration of benefits/leaves/time-off;
- Benefits knowledge including prior experience working with vendors, retirement plans, health benefits, payroll and leaves;
- Strong Excel skills required including proficient use of formulas and pivot tables;
- Analytical skills, including the ability to analyse data, develop meaningful and reliable metrics and provide insights and commentary that result in actionable outcomes;
- Understanding of payroll processes, compliance and reporting (US, any international knowledge a plus);
- Able to prioritize, work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure;
- High attention to detail and strong organization, communication and time management skills;
- Team player who collaborates and is able to work with multiple stakeholders to devise workable solutions.
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look here: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.