EMEA Company Financials Data Team Leader - Energy
Posted Jun 10, 2022 - Requisition No. 104362
The Company Financials Data Team is looking for a Team Leader to lead and develop a hard-working team of Earnings Estimates and Company Fundamentals experts passionate about the Energy Industry, owning the data onboarding and analysis for the Oil, Gas, Metals, Mining, Renewables and Utilities sectors. Your role is key in ensuring consistency of standards and collaborating with others to lead all aspects of the delivery of accurate and timely financials data while curating company and industry specific analysis.
In this role, you will be encouraged to drive the development of expertise in your industry and manage the corresponding data. You’ll need to drive the development of financial knowledge and analytical thinking in your team to derive meaningful insights for our customers. Your team will transform complex data and work processes into financial data products that are indispensable to our users. This position requires extensive collaboration with global colleagues, and partners across all business units including Business Managers, News, Bloomberg Intelligence, Sales & Analytics, Data Management Lab, and Engineering.
We’ll trust you to:
- Recruit, coach, and develop a team of analysts who will be Energy experts in their product demonstrated through processing time-sensitive, high-quality data, data analysis, and project management
- Collaborate with global counterparts to evolve the role, workflow, and operating procedures to ensure consistency in data quality and timeliness across regions
- Build processes and standards that make sure the delivery of data and the level customer service goes above and beyond
- Work with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to help develop and improve product databases and functionality across the terminal
- Apply your passion for deep learning of the Energy industry to our team’s overall vision, and use that knowledge to drive decisions about interoperability of data relevant to that industry
- Manage and mentor team on large and sophisticated data projects and business initiatives related to the industries they cover
- Set a strategy to recruit, retain, and develop top talent within your team and global counterparts
You’ll need to have:
- Proven leadership experience within a previous or current role
- Vision to align your team's goals around providing outstanding service to Business and other internal/external clients, and the ability to implement a business and people strategy which delivers on that vision
- Excellent communication skills, allowing you to clearly communicate business needs and to advocate on behalf of your team
- Strong understanding of the wide-ranging impact of financial data
- Well-honed listening skills to draw understanding of your team and clients’ needs
- Proven track record to establish strong credibility and build influential relationships with multiple internal and external clients and partners
- Creative and flexible approach to problem solving, aided by strong data analysis skills
- Passion for building deep sector and industry knowledge, and demonstrated curiosity about and familiarity with a specific sector
We’d love to see:
- CFA designation (or working towards it)
- Experience or knowledge in Company Financials Products, terminal fluency, and/or Data workflows
- Experience or strong interest in financial modeling
- Experience working with Energy industry data as part of your product coverage
- Experience using data visualization tools such as QlikSense
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.