EMEA Data Quality Business Analyst
Posted Jun 20, 2022 - Requisition No. 104607
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
On the Data Quality team, you will own the charge to ensure high quality data that moves markets around the world. Our team sits within the Data Management Labs department, alongside our Data Modeling and Data Governance teams. Together this group is responsible for defining the strategy and practical implementation steps for data management practices in our wider Data department at Bloomberg - ensuring the data we provide our clients meets their needs.
Within Data Quality, we use data from diverse sources to fuel practical analytics that drive decision-making across the Data organization. We partner closely with all Data Product teams, Engineering, and the Training team to champion solutions that meet the needs of our client-facing products. Primary themes in this area include focusing on the best practices, training, and tooling used to ensure that our data products are ultimately fit-for-purpose. Our goal is to empower our Data Product teams to exceed client expectations and be leaders in the financial data services industry.
We’ll trust you to:
- Lead global projects for data integration, quality, and reporting for the Bloomberg Data products
- Showcase subject-matter expertise in organizational data management, identify practical solutions to improve data systems
- Develop processes to scale impact, addressing otherwise unstructured problems
- Develop the strategy for how to achieve outstanding data quality, and champion organizational change around data quality, through standard practices and training
- Contribute to formulating a strategy to increase awareness and adoption of key data quality principles
- Continue learning about industry trends, standards, and innovation within the Data Quality domain
- Engage with internal partners to understand business needs and define requirements, performing data profiling and data analysis to drive decision making
- Partner with Engineering counterparts, providing clear prioritization, defining metrics and collaborating on technical solutions
- Deliver both product (external, client-facing) and operational (internal, data management) analytical insights and visualizations
- Contribute code to improve features and functionality of our technology stack
- Work alongside senior management across the organization to meet product needs
You'll Need to Have:
- Experience in Business Analysis, Data Management, or Data Quality
- Strong analytical and dashboarding skills, Qlik Sense and Python are a plus
- Proficiency in data modeling, and working with directly with databases
- Proficiency in data transformation, and extract-transform-load pipelines
- Knowledge and applied understanding of industry standard Data Quality dimensions and related metrics
- Strong time management and prioritization skills, to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Powerful collaboration skills to work across departments and with global teams
- Project Management skills: ideation, prioritization, communication, and delivery
We'd Love to See:
Proficiency in SQL and/or Python
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are! Please note this is a two-stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
In the meantime, feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com