EMEA Employee Relations Partner - Human Resources
Posted Oct 5, 2023 - Requisition No. 120626
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here; work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen. We want people who will enjoy working in this environment and feed off the energy.
We are a meritocracy where everyone has a voice - not a job title. Working with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with is more important than titles or positions.
Join our team and lead the market in Employee Relations. We practice across the full range of ER specialisms and then some; we meet the ever-evolving needs of our businesses making best practice how we operate in the moment. Work with Leaders, Employees and HR Partners to drive the ER strategy for the businesses you support, while being part of the tapestry of our highly collaborative ER team. We believe the best outcomes are achieved through building relationships and partnering with stakeholders within HR and beyond.
What’s the role?
You will play a critical role within our HR team. You could be supporting a Leader to drive performance or coaching an employee. Handling a mental health crisis or rebuilding relationships through mediation. There is no workplace issue that is too big or too small. You prefer to resolve conflict through conversation rather than formal processes. Listening and empathy are your key tools. Understanding policy and interpreting law helps you solve complex challenges, building your case for action through facts and data to influence.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be a subject matter expert on employee relations for the teams you support. Advise on, and be the primary owner of, all process execution and administration. You will have strong analytical skills, sharp intuition, and comfort navigating ambiguity
- Lead and resolve complex employee relations matters in a consistent, empathetic, and legally sound manner
- Conduct and resolve complex investigations of employee complaints, ideally through rebuilding relationships and mediation
- Record and perform analyses on Employee Relations trends and statistics in our case management tool HR Acuity to drive decisions and strategy
- Resolve performance issues. Coach the coach or employee and/or advise on all matters to drive performance. Support leaders with delivering feedback, development plans and performance conversations
- Deliver on organisational restructures, including role elimination and reductions in force
- Conduct educational training for HR and Leaders
- Investigate conduct issues and drive our processes to ensure our cultural values and standards are upheld
- Support employees experiencing mental ill-health by coaching leaders; handle complex reasonable adjustments and hold wellness conversations
You'll need to have:
- A growth mindset. Our work is constantly evolving. We don’t expect you to have the experience across all of the work we do. You will have a passion to learn and make a difference and want to work as part of a highly collaborative team where your ideas and contributions are valued to fuel our continual development
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college and/or university (e.g. preferably business, HR, or another related field)
- A minimum of 5 years' HR experience that specialises in or traverses ER
- Maturity, discretion, and good judgment in managing complex decisions and handling sensitive information
- Working knowledge of employment laws and a track record of applying problem-solving and analytical skills to a range of HR issues
- Proficiency in conducting investigations to collect and analyse facts for cases to identify obscure or underlying causes of misconduct or poor performance to develop options for appropriate solutions
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work within a dynamic, fluid environment
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills
We’d love to see:
- A genuine passion for Employee Relations and HR related challenges
- Experience in mediation and/or as a mental health first aider
- A solution focus and interest to coach Leaders and individual contributors to drive performance
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime, please have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.