The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us too. Our employees can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else.
And that’s where we come in. We represent and grow Bloomberg by identifying, attracting and hiring Experienced top talent for our Financial Products, Technology, News and Research, Media, Industry Verticals, and Corporate Functions divisions across EMEA. Our client groups expect nothing but the best from us. We work with them to develop a deep understanding of their business objectives, products, people, and challenges, in order to present the best skilled candidates. We don’t stop there. We put our business caps on and bring creative ideas, curiosity and insight to the table, backed up with a data-driven approach. This enables us to truly partner with hiring managers, new hires, interviewers and HR business partners to continually iterate and re-iterate around key strategic areas for Bloomberg, such as Candidate Experience and Quality of Hire.
Our typical day to day is tough to depict. It can be as varied as you want it to be. It can start off with a talent strategy meeting with one of your business managers, working with them to create a profile and key competencies that accurately define their role and requirements; to setting up a robust and diverse interview process; to building a tailored sourcing plan; to discussing strategic projects with your HR stakeholders revolving around key business needs; and wrapping it all up by actively taking part in a global workgroup think tank session….with a lunchtime hour thrown in helping local school kids with their reading.
We'll trust you to:
- Partner with your hiring managers and business leaders to create innovative and effective hiring processes
- Oversee drafting of job descriptions, review resumes, interview and close candidates
- Think creatively to develop non-traditional talent sourcing strategies to aid specific business strategic initiatives
- Provide a high-touch candidate experience either through direct interaction, talent experience specialists, or interviewers
- Deliver regular updates and feedback clearly and tactfully to candidates, hiring managers, and other key stakeholders
- Support the development of your interviewers through training and coaching
- Create effective analysis and reporting to measure the success and impact of your recruitment efforts as well as the quality of your hires
- Facilitate and manage key initiatives that impact the overall EMEA, as well as Global, Experienced level recruitment strategy
- Leverage expertise by building and nurturing relationships with internal cross-functional stakeholders (HR Business Partners, Global People Services, Health & Benefits, Legal, Immigration) as well as outside of HR
- Stay in tune with external market factors affecting your business areas, as well as new best practices/trends affecting recruiting
- Help build our brand through social media, external events and networking
- Build long-term partnerships and work towards common goals with agencies where required
You’ll need to have:
- HR degree or equivalent qualification/experience
- Proven history of full-cycle recruiting - identifying, evaluating and hiring high calibre talent across multiple client groups in a global financial or technology organisation
- Solid experience using ATS/CRM, HR Information Systems, and Recruiting Data Analysis applications, specifically Workday, Yello and Visier
- Extensive knowledge of recruitment legislation and compliance
- A knack for creativity in how you source and attract candidates across EMEA through internal/external networking, direct approach, referrals, alumni/university relations, etc.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, developed through experience with building strong business partnerships in client facing roles
- Work in a fast-paced environment whilst being agile to rapidly adjust to changing workflows and demands. Able to maintain your cool when navigating ambiguous and complex situations and have an aptitude to make decisions independently, with limited information
- Be a team player who’s self-aware, acts with integrity and values diversity
- Be an Influencer who can negotiate thoughtfully when dealing with internal and external candidates/stakeholders, as well as use a consultative approach to influence without direct authority
- Track record of instigating action and accomplishing goals across various projects in the face of multiple demands
- Championed and facilitated the implementation of recruiting and HR initiatives
- Be able to equally deliver on building strategy as well as executing on assignments
- Be curious, innovative, analytical and have a strong eye for detail
- Never settle. Be passionate to take things to the next level and own the end result by delivering quality in a timely manner, both directly and through others
Application closes on 30th October 2016. We provide competitive salary and benefits.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at our careers blog: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/blog/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.