We are seeking a dynamic and creative EMEA Facilities Infrastructure Manager to lead our Facilities Infrastructure across the Region. You'll head the team who own the daily operation, maintenance and project related activities across Bloomberg's portfolio of critical sites across EMEA. Your core focus will be to provide resiliency with efficiency, providing a flawless service to our customer network and corporate offices. You have a consistent track record of successfully handling the activities and the people in an ‘always on’ environment that's fast-paced, dynamic, substantial and demanding.
Based at our new London HQ -the heart of the operation, rated the world’s most sustainable office building - you will use your extensive experience in advanced critical building M&E management in order to provide uninterrupted service to our globally located offices and network of regional data center hub sites. Bloomberg prides itself in providing an extraordinary product, with a unique level of service, that extends through every facet of our business, whether it be at the back or the front of house. Our new London HQ exemplifies this - rated world’s most sustainable office building by BREEAM, it features a number of environmental strategies, innovative power, lighting, water and ventilation systems. Designed to utilize waste products, respond to the building’s external environment and adapt to its occupancy patterns, many of its solutions are first-of-a-kind.
You'll report to the Global Head of Facilities Infrastructure and interact regularly with our senior management, our finance functions, and managers at all levels in the organization, including vendors and third-party providers.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide effective managerial oversight and leadership for supervisory staff. This includes coaching, counseling, training, and performance reviews
- Assume ownership of issues, with a positive results driven attitude to ensure things are meticulously run
- Be accountable for all activities and be the point of escalation
- Collaborate and consult with colleagues to identify operational synergies/alignment and cross-functional opportunities
- Build positive relationships with internal colleagues and external vendors
- Attend and contribute to stakeholder management meetings, in addition to Bloomberg’s C-level management meetings
- Chair management and quarterly business review meetings on vendor contracts over $1 million
You’ll need to be:
- Self-Motivated and autonomous: You love to lead your team in an open environment; you're able to focus on the solution and deliver results even when faced with set-backs
- A Clear Communicator: You deliver clear, concise and structured presentations where you understand your audience and convey the appropriate amount of information
- An Excellent Collaborator and Negotiator: You build good relationships with key partners and negotiate the scope of a project for a win-win outcome; you know how to identify cross departmental opportunities
- Highly Creative and Innovative: You're able to think beyond specific tasks, understand the ultimate goal, and ask the right questions to drive value for the business. You see different approaches to a problem and anticipate future risks and challenges with potential solutions. You can challenge status quo with a curious and creative mindset and visionary ideas
You’ll need to have:
- 10 years within a mission critical environment with knowledge of the following systems - HV power networks, generator systems, UPS systems, chillers systems, CRAC units, fan coil units, BMS systems, PV systems, CHP systems
- Deep understanding of utility agreements, including PPA structures
- Understanding of Uptime Institute Tier system, ASHRAE TC 9.9, TIA 942 Data Center Standards
- Run large capital projects (over $50 million) with hands on experience handling large Opex budgets too
- Ability to read M&E and architectural schematics
- Bachelors degree in an Electrical or Mechanical Engineering discipline
- Working knowledge of financial reporting systems - such as SAP
- Extensive people and stakeholder/relationship management experience in an Infrastructure environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals across a range of backgrounds and tenures, including the most senior levels of management
- Experience structuring and delivering presentations with PowerPoint, modeling with Excel, Visio and drafting business communications
- Willingness to frequently travel, be on call and available at short notice for team management, incident management and escalation calls 24/7
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, follow-through on both verbal and written instructions, and have the ability and flexibility to multitask, prioritize, and organize multiple projects/tasks concurrently while meeting required deadlines
We’d love to see:
- Other industry related certifications a plus
- High level understanding of data center IT systems (telecom networks, switches, routers, servers, storage, cabling systems)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.