EMEA HR Business Partner - Corporate Functions
Posted Jun 7, 2023 - Requisition No. 116861
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
People are Bloomberg's most critical assets and ensuring their success through measurement of individual performance is the key to our success. As part of our HR Business Partner team, you will develop a strong professional relationship with our business to enhance the success of our employees in the organization. We are trusted advisers on all HR issues and are partners to the business in hiring, developing and retaining the best talent. We are a creative team working with the desire to achieve one goal: Success.
As a key member of our Corporate Functions business, you will work with our globally distributed team for one of the key business areas in our numerous global headquarter offices. You will use your HR background and expertise to actively partner with the business and provide strategic support and advice. You will partner with regional and global teams to advocate for continuous organizational performance improvement. You will tackle sophisticated problems while being "hands on" on all other aspects of the role.
What’s the role:
As a Senior HR Business Partner at Bloomberg, you’ll create and implement innovative HR solutions for business-critical projects like change management, organisational planning, D&I initiatives, leadership and development programs, organizational design, and retention strategies. You will build significant partnerships with senior stakeholders and have a direct impact on the direction of an entire Corporate Functions department. You’ll join a welcoming and inclusive team and have the opportunity to mentor and be mentored by colleagues in HR and Corporate Functions.
We’ll trust you to:
- Understand the vision, purpose and strategy of a business and how this aligns with HR strategies.
- Analyze trends and leverage robust data and metrics to provide insight and guidance to the Corporate Functions organization.
- Design and implement HR initiatives focused on making the organization more effective (e.g. performance evaluation cycle, retention and employee development programs).
- Provide leaders with the coaching and tools necessary to accelerate their business relationships, develop their people and improve team results.
- Partner closely with business leaders across EMEA to drive the HR agenda, collaborate on critical talent decisions and achieve operational excellence for the business.
- Get results based on business goals and strategies, by defining and implementing specific people-focused initiatives.
- Provide advice and challenge managers on how to effectively deal with change within the organization, such as department reorganisations, leadership changes, role restructuring.
- Collaborate with a variety of partners across HR and internal clients and build credible relationships to achieve detailed execution of HR initiatives and annual process.
- Operate with compassion, confidence, emotional intelligence and decisiveness.
You’ll need to have:
- At least 8 years of experience working as a Human Resources Business Partner, preferably in a large global organization, supporting a population of 500+ employees
- Proven expertise and experience serving in a consultative capacity to senior business leaders, crafting organizational strategy, goals, and alignment.
- Experience collaborating with various HR teams including Compensation, Recruiting, Immigration, Employee Relations, Diversity & Inclusion, and Talent Development.
- Ability to implement firm-wide talent initiatives with excellence in a dynamic, global collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in building consensus on a cross-functional basis.
- Ability to use HR reporting & analytics in generating insights and communicating findings back to the business, as well as tracking and disseminating key HR data.
- Facilitation skills, including encouraging creativity in solution design. BA/BS degree.
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
We’d love to see:
- Certifications and course work in specific areas of HR expertise, including coaching skills.
- Previous experience working for a large, global organization
- Experience working across cultures and in a matrix environment.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org