EMEA Head of Technical Account Management - Enterprise Data
Posted Jul 9, 2020 - Requisition No. 83806
We’re Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and expanding. We have worked hard and smart to become the successful business we are today. We partner closely with our clients, taking time to understand their unique businesses and individual data and technology needs. Our endless selection of datasets, covering all asset types, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling mean our clients are able to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer.
Without us, they simply can’t operate.
What's the role?
As a key member of the EMEA leadership team you will be responsible for leading, motivating and developing a regional team who provide the primary technical interface into Bloomberg for some of our largest clients.
You'll be hands-on in driving the team to execute a variety of projects and technical enhancements to help our clients make major technology and data decisions. On a daily basis, under your guidance and support, the team services our clients through complex inquiries with the expectation that you are a point of escalation for clients and the salesforce.
You'll enable our customers to gain maximum benefit from their partnership with Bloomberg by helping them gain a detailed understanding of how our products and services can solve real problems for their business.
We'll trust you to:
The responsibilities of this role will breakdown into 5 key areas:
1: Leadership & talent management
- Lead from the front helping to develop and set the tone for the team on a variety of interactions.
- Motivate the team to perform at the peak of their potential and build team spirit
- Coach & develop team members
- Possess the ability to give clear, constructive and actionable feedback
- Collaborate closely with other offices across the globe to drive projects and maintain a consistent cross-regional operation.
- Partner with the account team (Sales and Product Specialists) to identify and qualify sales opportunities
- Collaborate with Sales to maximise revenue and continue to expand our products and services to our clients
- Understand client technical priorities and objectives and map Bloomberg solutions against those requirements
- Provide inputs on proposed requirements for implementing and supporting new products based upon a thorough analysis of client feedback
- Form a comprehensive and cohesive plan in collaboration with the client for integration into target businesses across multiple regions
- Oversee the engagements, and as required leverage the necessary internal resources to ensure a successful delivery of the agreed solution
4: Account management
- Provide technical subject matter expertise across the Enterprise Data product portfolio
- Ensure a consistent, cohesive and comprehensive level of service delivery into all accounts
- Forge deep relationships across the client's technology teams within both the vertical IT and business silos (Equities, FICC, FX etc.) and horizontal functions (CTO, Architecture, Infrastructure, Sourcing etc.)
- Attain a deep and extensive understanding of your client's architecture, infrastructure and application environment
- Continually build and plan for the future, have a firm understanding of where we want to position ourselves (with the team, our clients, technology and products) and how we are going to get there.
- Partner with Technical Sales to understand their individual country strategies and key focus areas within the EMEA market.
- Analyse areas where we are reactive and work to develop proactive approaches.
- Stay up to date on client and industry technology trends to help Bloomberg continue to be best in class for service and technology.
What do I need to apply?
- 10 or more years of experience working in a Financial Institution or Financial Technology firm
- Deep knowledge of all kinds of market data delivery and distribution technologies
- Extensive people management experience, leading and motivating cross functional teams
- A track record of driving collaboration across diverse groups and regions
- An ability to bring people together to build and execute on clear business plans
- Experience in managing change
- An ability to translate business requirements into individual, team and regional objectives
- Extensive experience in building and developing diverse teams
- A broad understanding of Capital Markets
- Knowledge of Bloomberg and other vendor’s Enterprise products and solutions
- Experience working closely with a Sales organisation, understanding of the sales life cycle
- A developer and/or infrastructure background would be beneficial
During the interview process we would love to hear about:
- Your strong presentation and communication skills and a desire to lead
- Your ability to manage your time effectively, multi-task and work well under pressure in a team environment
- Your prior experience in delivering complex technology solutions in the financial markets space
- Your Enterprise Selling exposure
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/solution/data-and-content/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.