EMEA Payroll Specialist – 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Posted Jul 22, 2019 - Requisition No. 76245
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government an aggressive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy, innovation—which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. Be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever expanding array of technology, data, and news and media services nurtures innovation and empowers clients and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are about to embark on the Payroll Transformation Project, and as such, will be implementing a 'state of the art' technology payroll system. We are currently looking to recruit two Payroll Professionals to join our corporate payroll department on an initial 12 month contract based in London. Working as part of our Global Team you will be responsible for the co-ordination of payroll activities either on our In-House UK payrolls or assisting on our EMEA payrolls across 44 countries, whilst partnering with an outsourced payroll provider.
We’ll trust you to:
- Take ownership for the delivery of EMEA Payroll to the Company Service Level Agreements for accuracy and timeliness as well as full compliance with legislation, company policy and control procedures.
- Continuously look to improve the efficiency of day-to-day payroll operations through work processes improvements.
- Administration of payroll related details on HR/Payroll system.
- Performing reconciliations and audit tasks for monthly payrolls.
- Development and maintenance of good working relationships with the vendor’s payroll, tax and benefits providers.
- Accurate transmission of banking payments and bank accounts reconciliation.
- Providing high level of customer service via Payroll Help Desk, e-mails and in person on a variety of queries of varying complexity.
- Advising on compensation, benefits and tax related issues.
You’ll need to have :
- EMEA Payroll legislation knowledge.
- Working knowledge of a Payroll/HR system.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in every aspect of the role is essential.
- Ability to deal with complex issues, identify solutions and implement them under pressure.
- A proactive team player who can add value whilst meeting tight daily, weekly, monthly and annual deadlines.
- Customer service skills are paramount, with a desire to continually seek improvement of the service to all (internal and external) customers.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.
We’d love to see:
- A recognized Payroll qualification or a desire to study for it.
- Additional language skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.