EMEA Risk Specialist - Team Leader (Enterprise Product)
Posted Jun 8, 2022 - Requisition No. 104273
Multiple solutions. One system. Bloomberg’s Multi-Asset Risk System (MARS) is a comprehensive suite of risk management tools that delivers consistent, consolidated results across client’s entire firm. Powered by Bloomberg’s world-class pricing library, market data and mortgage cash flow engine, MARS enables front office, risk and collateral professionals to analyze their trading and investment portfolios, manage and mitigate their exposure and ready themselves for any turn of events.
The Team and the role?
The Risk Specialist team is responsible for Supporting the Bloomberg MARS Solutions, including Front Office, Market Risk, XVA, Credit Risk and SIMM. We are looking to hire a team leader in London to join and lead our exciting and fast paced LN Risk Specialist team.
As a successful candidate you will need to guide the team on providing the best risk solutions for clients. You also need to have strong risk knowledge, strong project management and communications skills in order to explain complex analytics as well as recommending best practices . You will be working closely with sales on running demos, conducting testing/reconciliation, managing product needs for production clients, and working on risk related projects to help improve and expand our existing risk platform.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide guidance and support to the LN risk specialist team
- Coordinate with sales, product, implementation, support, as well as other regional risk specialist teams
- Be responsible for our client’s entire experience on the MARS and MARS Risk platform, starting from pre-sale:
- Speaking to clients to understand their risk needs from both analytics and workflow perspective
- Setting up and giving presale demos to prospects, based on their portfolios
- Explaining and reconciling risk analytics
- Documenting and presenting product enhancements to both internal and external partners.
- Handling the on-boarding of new clients from product perspective, including
- Insuring the risk analytics and workflow are set up to client’s expectations
- Coordinating on delivering committed product enhancements on time
- Helping configure the client's data, modelling parameters, application views, and reports
- Training clients on use of the system
- Acting as point of escalation from help desk for client questions and issues, and, when necessary, coordinating internally to get them addressed
- Continue to work on upsell opportunities with sales for existing clients
- Providing feedback to colleagues on client needs, competitor intelligence and market trends
You’ll need to have:
- 8 - 15 years of experience in quantitative finance, risk management role preferred
- Prior management experience preferred but not required
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple internal and external partners and often under tight timeline
- Highly developed client facing skills and the ability to develop and maintain client relationships at all levels
- Extensive experience in the multi-asset class market risk space
- Modelling skills at Master of Financial Engineering level
- Passion for technology and data flows
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to work across multiple teams and reporting lines
- High level of energy, creativity, flexibility and dedicated. A willingness to focus and contribute to finding the best solution for our Clients
- CFA or FRM a plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com