EMEA Supply Chain Product Owner
Posted Aug 4, 2022 - Requisition No. 106087
EMEA Supply Chain Product Owner
Bloomberg is the global leader in business and financial data, news and insights. Using the power of technology, we connect the world’s decision makers to accurate information on the financial markets – and help them make faster, more thoughtful decisions.
Bloomberg's Workplace Operations and Supply Chain business is a global organization that provides the enterprise with the best and most resilient support. Each of the functions in Workplace Operations & Supply Chain uniquely contributes to the employee experience and collectively supports 21,000 employees in more than 170 innovative offices around the world. The group enables the company to achieve our commercial & product development goals, provide outstanding service to our clients and cultivates collaboration among colleagues and clients. Our strategies of improving employee experience with operational excellence drives the pursuit of our vision
We work hand-in-hand with our businesses to support them in achieving success and maintaining efficiency. We plan, procure and distribute the goods and services that Bloomberg needs to do business. We pride ourselves on being subject matter experts.
What's the Role?
Bloomberg's Supply Chain department is seeking a Product Owner to be part of our EMEA Supply Chain team. You will bring your creative thinking, knowledge of industry practices, and innovation to support Supply Chain initiatives, and end-to-end processes/performance.
You have outstanding communication skills to partner with senior executives to design and deliver solutions and continuously improve the operation.
You have the ability to govern complex projects and drive outcomes through enterprise-wide engagement with stakeholders, business leads, technology and E2E process PO’s
The product owner for EMEA will:
- Represent department and business needs. Collaborates with global Supply Chain partners and other Product Owners to align the backlog priorities based on business value/ Return on investment.
- Contribute to roadmap creation and accountable for 'release iteration' success.
- Own the ‘what’, defines requirements for initiatives/features, communicates the vision, sprint goal and ensures work is visible to team
- Manages the product backlog, ensures work is visible to the team and translates features/stories into requirements with the right level of detail, backlog decomposition/refinement & acceptance criteria.
- Work with planning, quality, warehouse operations, logistics, hardware asset management and trade compliance leaders to analyse the needs and align the supply chain product roadmap to strategic goals.
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end Supply Chain processes, solutions, data, integration points and dependencies
- Solve problems, make decisions, and complete trade-off analysis to stay on track towards business deliverable commitments.
- Act as an ambassador, represent supply chain capabilities and be the primary contact for queries related to the product
- Engage with key stakeholders to hear feedback and implement process improvements
- Use key regional KPI’s as the source for problem solving and process improvement stories.
- Operate to the highest standards of accountability
- Embrace an agile approach, collaborate across teams, responsible for timely delivery of products and services
- Leverage a data driven approach to monitor results, tackle problems directly and promote solutions.
- Cultivate an active network of relationships to drive alignment across internal functions and business units and facilitate collaboration across departmental boundaries.
- An innovator comfortable with the delicate balance of bold visioning, intelligent strategy, and sophisticated execution.
- An adaptable problem-solver who is impatient with the status quo, seeks to make things better and more efficient and isn't afraid to make bold decisions in ambiguity.
- A hands-on leader who builds transparency, values collaboration, holds self and team accountable, and can link what we do and why we do it to empower the team around them to think beyond specific tasks, understand the ultimate goal, and drive value for the business.
- At least 7 years of demonstrated experience supporting Supply Chain processes and system implementations
- Experience on defining and implementing Supply Chain Network projects and Order to Cash execution and metrics
- A problem solving approach with the application of continuous improvement to achieve higher performance levels
- Agile Scrum Professional Certification / Project Management Professional Certification, preferred or strong working knowledge and experience with working with Agile Scrum Program Management frameworks/principles, methodologies, and tools
- Experience in developing requirements with collaborators and building detailed roadmaps
- Strong communication skills including networking, collaboration, time management, being able to adapt to different audiences, environments, and cultures
- Ability to be flexible, an outstanding teammate and be able to learn in a fast-paced environment
We’ll trust you to:
We'd love to see:
You'll need to have:
Apply if you think we're a good match!
We'll get in touch with you, to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at more of what we do at Bloomberg: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com