EMEA Telecoms Project Manager - London
Posted Mar 10, 2020 - Requisition No. 81839
The Bloomberg Networks Communications team leads all aspects of the procurement, design and delivery of Telecommunication services for Bloomberg and its customers. We're responsible for Telecom Service Provider relationships to design, order, and support over 20,000 unique connections globally. We work closely with our Internal Teams to design and order connectivity for Bloomberg and our customers.
Once installed, we support our existing connectivity through active management of Service Providers when challenges arise. This includes leading escalation calls, Design reviews, and having an understanding of domestic, submarine and terrestrial cable routes. We're also involved in Proof-of-Concept Product and Design Testing with our Network Engineering team, the design and support of Bloomberg Data Centers, Invoice approvals, and Network audits.
What’s the role?
We’re looking for a proactive Telecoms Project Manager to handle our Telecommunications Service Providers and daily implementations.
You will be accountable for the full lifecycle of the Telecommunications Implementation process including, Pricing, Design, Order Management, Testing and Service Improvement.
You will also be the escalation resource for post implementation support, working closely with internal/external partners, assessing/understanding our clients' needs, adhering to project methodologies and effectively balancing/organizing resources.
In addition to overseeing local access circuit delivery, you will need to have an understanding of the physical design, routing and diversity requirements required to build a resilient WAN network.
You will be tendering and designing core connectivity to ensure network continuity is maintained in the event of multiple circuit outages.
You will be part of a remote team, working with peers across EMEA & Global offices, which means you will need to act autonomously while being proactive in reaching out for support.
We'll trust you to:
- Use your deep understanding of Telecommunication Carrier Networks and their various connectivity methods to conduct complex installations and conversions, collaborating regularly with our Telco Vendors on all levels
- Serve as the subject matter expert on all telco implementation and design questions, such as leading conference calls with internal/external customers
- Maintain multiple queues at a time, providing clear written updates to internal/external clients
- Demonstrate firm knowledge via documentation/implementation of effective vendor oversight processes
- Arrange, prepare and present statistical data for Service delivery meetings on a Monthly/Quarterly basis to manage vendor performance
- Run operationally excellent effective vendor governance structures, maintaining a holistic view of the provider(s) and effective communication for decision-making
You'll need to have:
- Minimum of 5 years* Project Management experience within the Telecommunication industry – some of this could be gained from working within a Data Center environment. The ability to autonomously lead projects is key to succeeding in this role.
- Experience with the following services: Voice (PRI/SIP/POTS), Dark Fibre, MPLS, Packet Switched Networks, Wavelengths, Cross Connects, and other industry emerging technologies.
- Vendor management experience – Managing vendor deliveries and setting clear expectations supported by SLAs & Performance Management.
- Strong customer focus and the ability to establish clear expectations through all methods of communication (email, phone, chat, etc.)
- Strong problem solving and prioritization skills.
- Experience with various types of relationships and the ability to communicate with senior leadership.
- Experience in reviewing and approving invoices
- Proficiency using Microsoft, Google KMZ, and Microsoft Visio – this includes the ability to build Visio Diagrams and to interpret and edit Google KMZ files.
- Ability to work within a remote team and management structure, taking ownership of your area of coverage.
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
We’d love to see:
- Knowledge of the OSI Model networking, specifically Layer 1-3
- Data analysis skill sets and familiarity work with analytic tools e.g. Qlik
- Certifications including but not limited to PMP/Prince2, ITIL, Agile, MEF CECP.
- Leadership experience in current or past roles
- Fluency in a second language
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.