ESG Credit Research Analyst - Bloomberg Intelligence (London)
Posted Aug 12, 2021 - Requisition No. 93175
Bloomberg Intelligence (BI) provides Terminal users with in-depth analysis, models and data sets on over 135 industries and 2,000 companies. Teams across asset classes including Equity, Strategy, Credit, Government, Litigation, and ESG generate research that provides creative investment ideas and products tailored to our client - by investment professionals, for investment professionals.
Climate change, regulatory pressures and the importance of human capital are just a few critical factors global investors consider to best identify risks and opportunities. Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) research and data is crucial for our clients – providing deeper intelligence than conventional financial analysis.
By better understanding ESG factors and how they impact corporate and sovereign credit ratings and debt capacity, while exploring new ESG related debt instruments, clients can gain insight into the potential direction of a company, industry, or market.
We are looking for a highly-motivated research analyst to join our team, focusing on the intersection of ESG and Credit.
We'll trust you to:
- Leverage your ESG and Credit knowledge to actively create research on a regular basis as an author or co-author, collaborating with Bloomberg Intelligence analysts across research divisions.
- Analyze and articulate the impact of ESG factors on credit performance, the integration of ESG factors in corporate and sovereign credit ratings, and in on fixed income investing in general.
- Explore the breadth of sustainable finance and ESG debt including green, social, sustainability-linked bonds, loans, munis, etc. Monitor Flows, assets, issuers of ESG debt and articulate trends and investment implications in research report and screens.
- Intimately understand the diverse community of ESG investors. Build and maintain a strong network of clients and industry specialists within the world of ESG investing.
- Contribute to the development and communication of Bloomberg's approach to ESG data development around ESG corporate and sovereign credit products including ESG Government scores, and indices.
- Collect, develop and manage company and industry data in order to publish research on ESG issues, themes, and trends affecting companies, industries and financial markets.
- Proactively identify opportunities to enhance and further develop analytical functionality.
You'll need to have:
- Four or more years of ESG research experience, with exposure to ESG fundamental and credit analysis.
- Knowledge of broader financial markets, and specific subject matter expertise in Credit markets.
- Understanding of how interest rates and risk impact debt market deals for investors and institutions.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis.
- Extraordinary primary research and writing skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter, independent-thinker, and collaborative team-player.
- Working knowledge of the Bloomberg Terminal.
We’d love to see:
- Master's degree or advanced certification such as a CFA charterholder.
- Knowledge of quantitative modelling, statistical analysis, and programming.
- Experience in credit team in sell side and asset management, credit rating agencies
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com