ESG Data Specialist
Posted Jul 8, 2022 - Requisition No. 105309
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
You're the type of person who looks beyond the headline with a keen eye for the details because you know how data inspires market trends, breaking news, and analysis. At Bloomberg, we are building ESG performance scores, and we will need you to research industry disclosure standards and materiality frameworks, helping bring transparency to the opaque landscape of ESG ratings. You will contribute to ensuring superior quality of our environmental and social data set, and bring value to our clients by supporting integration of our data and scores into their workflows.
We’ll trust you to:
- Manage large and sophisticated data projects related to ESG datasets, with a particular focus on industry-specific Environmental and Social data used in Bloomberg’s proprietary ES Scores
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects across quality and coverage initiatives, including procuring content to support best-in-class coverage
- Liaise with other departments, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering for progress update, identifying process efficiencies, communicating priorities and strategic decision-making
- Apply problem-solving and data analysis skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and implement technology solutions to enhance our processes
You’ll need to have:
- Professional experience, preferably working closely with data in a client-facing role
- Strong understanding of and curiosity about the ESG market and reporting landscape, with strong preference for prior experience in an ESG data or research role and knowledge of disclosure and materiality frameworks such as SASB, GRI, TCFD and regulations SFRD, EU Taxonomy
- Proven and outstanding relationship building, business development, and communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong project management skills: critical thinking, setting deadlines, and owning the execution of tasks both independently and collectively with a group
- ESG-related coursework or certification
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and demonstrated applied data analysis skills, with proficiency using Excel as well as experience with SQL or Python
- Ability to read/write in a language other than English, particularly Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
We’d love to see:
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.If this sounds like you:Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com