AI Product manager - ESG News
Posted Apr 25, 2023 - Requisition No. 115805
The ESG product team is responsible for coordinating ESG product development efforts across Bloomberg with the goal of improving the terminal experience related to ESG investment workflow and designing enterprise data and products that will result in direct revenue. This product group coordinates across the Bloomberg business and functional areas, including various Core product and engineering teams, Bloomberg News, Bloomberg Intelligence, Engineering, Global Data, Enterprise Data, Desktop Build Group, Analytics and Sales.
The team is looking to hire an ESG News & Research product manager. This product manager's effort will include improved ESG news/research classification and discoverability on the Terminal, creation of a proprietary ESG News Sentiment scores product as well as a Controversies product, using AI for better insights. The product manager will work with both Bloomberg and third party data, news and research.
We'll trust you to:
- Champion the vision for our ESG Risk solution, positioning it as a leading product in the market
- Clear understanding of various user types and workflows in the sustainable finance market and problems this product could dramatically solve
- Develop product roadmap and manage the product development process aligned with Bloomberg’s Sustainable Finance strategy.
- Clear understanding of the competitive landscape and how Bloomberg can win in this space
- Clear understanding of new technologies in AI/ML/NLP space that could dramatically provide an edge in the ESG space
- Clear understanding of various user types and workflows in sustainable finance solutions today
- Establish relationships across the market, with financial market practitioners, policy makers etc.
- Identify and implement product development processes where/when appropriate, that encourage close partnership amongst various groups
- Partner with News and Research product, the Newsroom, Engineering and Data operations to ensure key results and objectives are well understood, and align with the overall business goals
- Work with Marketing and Sales to promote our product to clients
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience in an ESG focused role and product management role*
- 3+ years of experience with AI and Machine Learning*
- Experience crafting sentiment methodology and refining models to aggregate scores
- An analytical ability to curate and synthesize content from multiple sources and to work with AI models
- Experience implementing a product or solution end to end, from vision to execution
- Demonstrated understanding of how systematic signals can identify ESG risks, how news could provide momentum on esg scores, and how regulatory & voluntary frameworks can impact the behavior of investment activities
We’d Love to see:
- A strategic mind set and the ability to represent plans to senior management and across team’s
An understanding of the key players and developments within the ESG space
Knowledge of Buy Side and/or Sell Side workflow
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.If this sounds like you:Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com