ESG News/Research Product Manager
Posted Feb 2, 2022 - Requisition No. 100345
The ESG product team is responsible for coordinating ESG product development efforts across Bloomberg with the goal of improving the terminal experience related to ESG investment workflow and creating enterprise data and products that will result in direct revenue. This product group must coordinate across the Bloomberg business and functional areas; including various Core product and engineering teams, Bloomberg News, Bloomberg Intelligence, Bloomberg NEF, Engineering, Global Data, Enterprise Data, Desktop Build Group, Analytics and Sales.
The ESG product team is looking to hire an ESG News & Research product manager.
This product manager's effort will include improved ESG news/research discoverability (on the Terminal), creation of a proprietary News Sentiment scores product as well as a Controversies news product, and additional analytical tools for ESG news and research, leveraging AI for better insights. The product manager will work with both Bloomberg and third party data, news and research.
We’ll trust you to:
- Define and communicate the strategy/vision:
- Develop a business plan for Bloomberg’s ESG News and Research offering with clear success metrics
- Regular and consistent communication to ensure strategic alignment across key stakeholders
- Capability in undertaking ‘deeper dive’ assessments in ESG topics
- Teach and refine AI models for enhanced ESG category tracking capabilities
- Clear understanding of various user types and workflows in sustainable investment today
- Keep abreast of the competitive environment and client trends
- Established relationships across the market, with financial market practitioners, policy makers, NGOs
Execution of product:
- Analysis of existing news and research capabilities in the sustainable investment space - with clear vision on how to help users draw insights from news and research
- Responsible for setting priorities of work, making trade-offs across priorities and understanding constraints (technical and resource)
- Provide engineering team with business context and strategy, as well as run detailed refinement sessions based on value.
- Review and refine strategy based on results vs initial success metrics
Collaboration and stakeholder management:
- Identify and implement product development processes where/when appropriate, that encourage collaboration across key stakeholders and individual contributors
- Partner with News and Research product, the Newsroom, Engineering and Data operations to ensure deliverables are well understood, and align with the overall business goals
- Work with Marketing and Sales to promote our product to clients
You’ll need to have:
- A strong understanding of how ESG news/controversies impact the market, what news aligns to materiality, and how regulatory & voluntary frameworks can help shape the behaviour of investment activities
- Proven track record in implementing a product or solution end to end, from vision to execution
- Experience working within a financial organisation
- A strong analytical background with the ability to synthesize content from multiple sources and to work with AI models
- Proven ability to engage across functions and the ability to understand other team’s business goals to find mutually beneficial solutions
- An understanding of the key players and developments within the ESG space
- A strategic mind set and the ability to represent plans to senior management and across teams
- Knowledge of Buy Side and/or Sell Side workflow
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.