ESG Product Manager - Data Strategy
Posted May 18, 2022 - Requisition No. 103721
At Bloomberg, our products are fuelled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. Our Data department is responsible for delivering as reported and derived data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
The importance of human capital, compensation structures, and diversity are critical factors global investors consider to best identify risks and opportunities. Environmental, Social, and Governance data is crucial for our clients – providing deeper intelligence than conventional financial analysis. At Bloomberg, ESG data is displayed alongside fundamental data, backed by news for context, and used to power a growing suite of Sustainable Finance products.
As a team, we are responsible for reporting and enhancing ESG-related content for the Bloomberg Terminal and Enterprise products, including company-reported and normalized metrics, industry-specific metrics, proprietary ESG scores, and the Gender Equality Index (GEI).
Joining the Data department means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data, providing accurate, immediate insights for financial market professionals. Business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service, and your passion and expertise will have a tremendous impact on our growing product offering.
As Product Manager, you will use your market knowledge and experience to deliver a product vision and strategy for the future of the data offering and achieve consensus from all partners. You will use this roadmap to continuously deliver incremental value and will need to adjust plans, as needed, to deliver the maximum business value. Across data offerings related to ESG you will stay ahead of industry trends and innovations that will significantly advance Bloomberg's business with new markets and long-term growth opportunities. You will partner with internal partners, product, clients, and engineers to deliver data product offerings that drive ground-breaking benefits for our clients and Bloomberg terminal and enterprise business.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop and drive a strategic vision for Bloomberg’s ESG Data offering acting as a thought and product leader in identifying industry and data opportunities to expand coverage
- Clearly communicate product vision, execution plan and status with partners
- Define and be accountable for metrics of success
- Continuously delivering incremental value while adjusting plans, as needed, through an Agile approach to deliver the maximum business value
- Evolve the criteria for our coverage universe and develop the growth of our ESG data model
- Collaborate extensively with internal partners across Terminal and Enterprise Product, Data, Sales, Marketing and Engineering
- A collaborative approach and outstanding relationship building and interpersonal skills – both written and verbal
You’ll need to have:
- Have deep domain expertise and understanding of ESG data in particular of governance and social data reporting landscape and how industry players use this data to drive business decisions
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of proven decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Customer-focused attitude and ability to interact with a diverse range of client types
Intimate understanding of how industry players use ESG data to fulfill regulatory requirements, meet investor demand, and mitigate portfolio risk
We’d love to see:
- A Master's degree in Sustainability, Finance, Business, Accounting, or Professional Certifications like CFA, CAIA etc.
- ESG-related coursework or certification and working knowledge of the ESG market and data landscape
- Experience using a Scrum Agile process
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org