ESG Quant Equity Strategy
Posted Dec 6, 2021 - Requisition No. 98365
Bloomberg Intelligence ("BI") coverage spans company and credit research at the single-name and strategy level, while also addressing litigation, regulatory and environmental, social, and governance issuers confronting publicly and privately listed companies.
BI offers valuable written analysis, industry data and interactive charting and functions from a team of independent experts. BI Our work gives trading and investment professionals' deep insight into where crucial industries stand today and where they may be heading next.
Climate change, regulatory pressures and the importance of human capital are just a few critical factors global investors consider to best identify risks and opportunities. Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) research and data is crucial for our clients – providing deeper intelligence than conventional financial analysis.
We have a newly created role for an ESG Portfolio Strategist to join the team. The coverage will be Thematic Baskets, Investment Portfolios, ESG and Thematic Indices. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential in this role. The Strategist is expected to expertly communicate ESG investment conclusions with Bloomberg terminal clients via phone calls, in-person meetings and online chat, and will likewise articulate research findings with Bloomberg News and Media and at internal and external events.
We’ll trust you to:
- Embed ESG dimension in broader equity and portfolio strategy. Deliver actionable insight and publish research.
- Analyse interaction of ESG scores with performance and risk of companies, funds, ETFs, and equity strategies.
- Test and develop ESG and sustainability-focused thematic portfolios and indices.
- Leverage Bloomberg applications such as PORT, DRIV, FTW testing to run ESG quantitative modelling and analysis.
- Partner with internal teams to develop quant- and AI driven solutions linking financial and ESG analysis (testing alternative ESG data).
- Help develop quant research, models, and indices to extract signals, such as developing ESG news sentiment leveraging the breadth Bloomberg news coverage.
You’ll need to have:
- The successful candidate will possess a passion for critical thinking about both ESG and financial markets, as well as a desire build an individual research franchise and be part of a fast-growing team.
- Subject matter expert in various ESG themes with the ability to articulate investment relevant insights and research
- Solid experience in ESG research, on the buy-side or sell-side, is essential
- Solid understanding of strategy as it relates to ESG, financial markets, investment theories and asset valuations
- Programming experience in languages such as Python, MATLAB or R. Python preferred.
- Understanding of statistical learning concepts and experience implementing them in commonly used programming languages.
- Passion for investing and sustainability
- A Degree in Accounting/Finance and experience working with Accounting/Financial Statements preferred or equivalent experience
- Working Knowledge of Bloomberg Terminal would be a plus
- MBA/CFA would be a plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll let you know the next steps. In the meantime, check out: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.