ESG Regulation Data Quality Analyst
Posted Mar 2, 2023 - Requisition No. 114408
Bloomberg runs on data and data drives the market. At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) data is increasingly crucial for our clients – providing deeper intelligence than conventional financial analysis alone. Climate change, regulatory pressures, the importance of human capital, and diversity are just a few critical factors global investors consider to best identify emerging risks and opportunities. At Bloomberg, ESG data is displayed alongside fundamental data, backed by news for context, and used to power a growing suite of Sustainable Finance products.
As a team, we are responsible for reporting and improving ESG-related content for the Bloomberg Terminal and Enterprise products, including company-reported and normalized metrics, key analytical ratios, industry-specific metrics, and proprietary scores. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to improve our systems, products and processes - all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients. You will enhance your product knowledge, learn about our clients and their needs, and establish relationships throughout the company, all while helping our clients integrate ESG risk and opportunity analysis into their workflows.
As a Data Analyst, you will possess a unique combination of technical skills and an eye for business, as well as strong communication and social skills. These skills enable collaboration with a variety of partners to provide timely, accurate, and comprehensive data to our clients. As demand for ESG data increases, so does the number of companies and data fields we cover, as well as the complexity of our ESG-data driven estimation models. To guarantee a high level of quality of our ESG Datasets, you will analyze data trends in-depth to propose and implement business and quality rules for programmatic data validation. You will need to set standards and implement changes for automating data acquisition, enhance quality control and support market intel. You will need to know your customer and their challenges and workflows, and with this insight, you will bring creative ideas to the table on how we can make our data integration flawless and more efficient. Come see how you can empower smarter and more sustainable business!
We’ll trust you to:
- Analyse ESG datasets of reported and derived data to identify and report trends, optimize quality
- Perform quality control to ensure data accuracy by comparing Bloomberg data to source documentation
- Analyse internal processes to find opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions related to data acquisition, worklist management, and quality control
- Use statistics and data visualization skills to report on results of on-going operations and projects, as the need arises
- Build domain expertise and research to advance premium content and develop data models inherent to ESG regulatory requirements
- Partner with a wide variety of collaborators from Engineering to Sales and Product
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably with combined studies in Information Systems and Finance, or related business and STEM fields
- Strong passion for data, technology and finance
- Proven project or work experience using one more programming language such as Python, SQL and R
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly client management
- Understanding and experience of statistics and data modeling
- Solid attention to detail and high degree of proven decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under stress and in a frequently changing environment
We’d love to see:
- Prior work experience in information technology, engineering, finance, data analysis or research
- Established presence in virtual development communities such as GitHub, Stack Overflow and Hacker-Rank
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau or QlikSense
- ESG-related education such as CFA ESG examination, FSA SASB examination etc.
- Ability to read/write in a language other than English.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are! In the meantime, feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.