ESG Regulations Data Team Leader
Posted Sep 7, 2022 - Requisition No. 108319
At Bloomberg, our products are fuelled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. Our Data department is responsible for delivering as reported and derived data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
As a team, we are responsible for reporting and enhancing ESG-related content for the Bloomberg Terminal and Enterprise products, including company-reported and normalized metrics, industry-specific metrics, proprietary ESG scores, and the Gender Equality Index (GEI). Our ESG data is displayed alongside fundamental data, backed by news for context, and used to power a growing suite of Sustainable Finance products.
Joining the Data department means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data, providing accurate, immediate insights for financial market professionals. Business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service.
As the Team Leader, you are required to be a hands-on leader that can effectively lead, motivate, and develop a team. You will lead by example in your knowledge of the global regulations landscape, the data processes, and the broader environment in which the team operates, which are critical to guide the team effectively. Demonstrating your market knowledge and experience, you will be hands-on in guiding your team to finding opportunities to expand coverage, ensure quality and timeliness, and work in with our product and engineering teams to generate business impact in our European Regulations offering.
We’ll trust you to:
- Lead large and sophisticated data projects related to ESG regulatory data
- Research EU regulation and procure content to support best-in-class coverage
- Apply subject-matter-expertise to set and maintain methodologies for data management
- Hire, coach, develop and retain your team members to create a strong team
- Collaborate extensively with internal partners across Product, Engineering, Data, Bloomberg New - - Energy Finance, Bloomberg Intelligence, and Sales
- Drive innovation for your team and/or global product with respect to people, product, and processes
- Have strong market knowledge and understanding of data how industry players use EU Taxonomy and other regulatory ESG data to drive business decisions
- Represent your product by visiting clients and/or engaging in industry events to promote our data products and/or understanding client workflows with an aim to improve our offerings
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects across quality and coverage initiatives, including procuring content to support best-in-class coverage
You’ll need to have:
- Strong understanding of and curiosity about the ESG market, with preference for prior experience in an ESG data or research role, particularly knowledge of the EU Taxonomy
- Experience leading a diverse and strong team of individual contributors
- A collaborative approach and outstanding relationship building and interpersonal skills – both written and verbal
- Intimate understanding of how industry players apply data to drive business decisions
- Ability to work under pressure and in a frequently evolving environment
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of proven decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Proven project management skills, using Agile
We’d love to see:
- Master's degree in, Environmental Science, Sustainability, Economics, Public Policy, Engineering, Mathematics, MBA, or related field preferred/CFA or CAIA designation
- ESG-related coursework or certification and solid understanding of the ESG market and data landscape
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We will be in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com