Data Specialist – ESG Discoverability and Integration
Posted Dec 7, 2021 - Requisition No. 98436
Bloomberg runs on data, and data drives the market. Our Global Data team acquires and supplies this data to our clients. Teams work collaboratively to collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the data ultimately feeding and moving the financial markets.
Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) data is increasingly crucial for our clients – providing deeper intelligence than conventional financial analysis alone. Climate change, regulatory pressures, the importance of human capital, and diversity are just a few critical factors global investors consider to best identify emerging risks and opportunities. At Bloomberg, ESG data is displayed alongside fundamental data, backed by news for context, and used to power a growing suite of Sustainable Finance products.
As a team, we are responsible for reporting and enhancing ESG-related content for the Bloomberg Terminal and Enterprise products, including company-reported and normalized metrics, key analytical ratios, industry-specific metrics, and proprietary scores. Joining the Global Data department means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data, providing accurate, immediate insights for financial market professionals. You will enhance your product knowledge, learn about our clients and their needs, and build relationships throughout the company, all while helping our clients integrate ESG risk and opportunity analysis into their workflows.
With ever increasing coverage and demand for timely ESG data, you will be responsible for managing priorities of different initiatives and for utilizing industry knowledge to help drive decisions and generate new dataset offerings. You will need to know your customer, their challenges, and their workflows. With this insight, you will bring creative ideas to the table on how we can make our data integration seamless and more efficient.
We’ll trust you to:
- Maintain, improve and deliver accurate, high quality information for the Bloomberg Terminal
- Manage projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of our data products
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries and meet with clients to understand their corporate ESG data needs - Procure content to support best-in-class coverage of the data set
- Contribute to continuous improvement by generating ideas to improve the data products and/or associated processes
- Build partnerships with other departments, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to enhance relevant product databases
- Maintain and update our main ESG discoverability tool (ESGD) and work on improving the tool by making it more relevant for our clients
- Research ways to integrate ESG data with our other terminal offerings / BQL / API and to improve our data discoverability on the terminal and in API
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in Finance or Economics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly client management
- Strong interest in the ESG market and sustainable-related topics
- Proficiency with Microsoft Applications, particularly Excel; Python would be a plus
- Solid attention to detail and strong evidence of decision-making and problem solving skills
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate
- Interest in and aptitude for technology
- Stakeholder-focused mindset
- Ability to remain calm under pressure in a frequently changing environment
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
- ESG-related education such as CFA ESG examination, SASB FSA certification, etc.
- A master’s degree in Finance or Economics
- Project management skills and/or experience
We’d love to see:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are! Please note this is a two-stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/