ESG Solutions Specialist
Posted Dec 13, 2018 - Requisition No. 72502
ESG is one of the key themes within the finance community today, with assets at record highs and responsible investments teams growing like never before. Bloomberg stands at the forefront of this, ready to provide innovative solutions to an insatiable client base. As a global team comprising data, engineering and product development roles, we are committed to bringing intuitive, value-added analytics to the market that provide insight and transparency into ESG performance of companies, portfolios and investment products.
Do you want to belong to an inspiring and supportive community that’s well respected in financial markets and be part of a group directly contributing to the company’s bottom line? Keen to contribute solutions and ideas to our Market Leading Excel Solution Library for finance professionals? Interested in combining Excel skills with business acumen to build P&L impacting solutions for our clients?
What's the role?
You will use your experience in sustainable data to develop and implement prototypes of investment strategies and research, using our Excel APIs, VBA and our cutting edge query language (BQL). You will have a direct impact on Bloomberg revenue by collaborating closely with our colleagues in account management to develop new tactical desktop applications to help sell Bloomberg Terminals. Additionally, your solutions will be used by potentially many thousands of financial market professionals.
Your role will involve full life-cycle development, from market analysis, requirement gathering, prototyping, implementation and deployment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work on projects to provide short term ESG focused product gap solutions for the Bloomberg Terminal
- Partner with our account management team to build tactical solutions to increase revenue opportunities for the company
- Creating, maintain and support Excel solutions accessible via the Bloomberg Terminal
- Work closely with our Product Development, Global Data and Engineering to help drive enhancements to our Excel APIs
- Occasional travel may be required
We will make sure you have access to relevant training and continued support from the team which will allow you through experience to gain:
- In depth knowledge of Bloomberg Terminal and Bloomberg APIs - the world's leading financial analytics platform for investment professionals
- A deep understanding of financial markets and investment processes on both buy-side and sell-side
- A stronger understanding of data science
- Skills in using Python
- Exposure to the latest trends in sustainable investing
You’ll need to have:
- Keen interest and knowledge of ESG Data, its sources and challenges
- Thorough knowledge in MS Excel/VBA and a willingness to learn other programming languages
- Previous experience working with sustainability data
- Previous experience using Bloomberg Terminal or other data vendors
- A strategic mind-set and demonstrable commercial acumen, which allows you to weigh up the business opportunities of a project before execution
- Confidence and an ability to have highly articulate and consultative interactions with clients
We would like to see:
- Knowledge of other programming languages such as Python, R or similar
- Experience or qualifications in Data Science
- Knowledge of sustainable accounting standards
- Experience working in a buyside firm
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.