Early Careers Talent Recruiter
Posted Oct 1, 2021 - Requisition No. 95978
At Bloomberg, we are passionate about hiring dynamic and innovative individuals to build out our rapidly growing business. We operate in a high pressure, fast paced environment, and are dedicated to hiring the best people for our teams. We’re looking for an Early Careers Recruiter to join our London team to help expand our business by identifying, attracting and hiring top talent.
You will be essential to the Early Careers Talent Acquisitions team. You will need to thrive in a rapidly changing environment, and develop creative strategies to attract and hire the best talent into the organization. You will need to be energetic, collaborative, and strategic, all in an effort to bring the highest quality candidates into our business.
Who you are:
You are an energetic, commercial, creative and collaborative recruiter who believes that talent is the fuel that makes the business world go around. You don’t just transact but inject advice, well thought out sourcing strategies and key market insights at every step of the recruiting process. You understand the importance of investing in partnering with your clients to help find and select the best and brightest diverse talent. You’re a natural connector. You bring a deep commitment to building an inclusive workforce, person by person and team by team.
What you’ll do:
You will manage full life-cycle recruitment for open roles within our Early Careers businesses. Out of the gate, you’ll foster relationships with hiring leaders, ensure a smooth recruiting process and establish an outstanding candidate experience against a strategy tightly aligned with Bloomberg’s company strategy and values.
We are a passionate, hard-working, and collaborative team, and we recruit across multiple business areas including Analytics and Sales, Global Data, Customer Support and all of our Early Engagement Programs. We partner closely with our businesses to develop a deep understanding of their objectives, products, people and challenges. These insights allow us to develop a comprehensive strategy to attract and hire top early careers talent. We bring creative ideas, curiosity and insight to the table, backed up with market knowledge and a data-driven approach. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. We are not your typical graduate recruitment team as we hire all year long so creativity is our strongest asset.
We'll trust you to:
- Design a comprehensive sourcing and recruitment strategy in partnership with key stakeholders that clearly outlines your approach along with measurable outcomes
- Establish and foster relationships with hiring managers, understanding their business needs, and collaborating with them to offer strategic recruitment guidance
- Source candidates directly through both campus partnerships and various online recruiting tools and job boards
- Drive Diversity & Inclusion recruiting initiatives to expand our diverse talent pipeline, partnering with our D&I team
- Think creatively to develop non-traditional sourcing strategies, beyond university hiring to generate a pipeline of candidates including those with 1-5 years of experience
- Help build our brand across university campuses and strengthen our relationships with career services, professors/faculty and student organizations
- Manage and execute on the full recruitment life-cycle, from reviewing resumes to closing candidates, in a high volume and complex recruitment environment
- Ensure a smooth, smart, innovative and engaging recruiting process to establish an outstanding candidate experience
- Team up with HR Business Partners, Immigration Specialists, Relocation Experts, and other colleagues to quickly get the best candidates in and productive
- Support the development of our interviewers through training and coaching
- Stay in tune with external market factors affecting our business areas, identify new practices/trends, and leverage data to improve processes
- Use social media, participate in networking and open house events to build our employer brand and to recruit talent
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum 2 years of experience operating in an early careers or graduate recruitment team
- Experience direct sourcing recent graduates, second jobbers and career changers (candidates with 1-5 years post-graduation experience)
- Excellent organization, prioritization, presentation and project management skills
- Exceptional people skills, developed through experience in client-facing roles or customer service and support
- Excellent and creative problem-solving skills
- An ability to adjust to changing workflows and demands
- Strong relationship management and negotiation skills, a consultative approach, the ability to influence multiple constituents without direct authority and effectively network within a heavily-matrixed organization
- Strong attention to detail, and the ability to handle high volume (60+ roles filled per year), juggle various projects, and be efficient with your workflow
- Flexibility to travel (this will be required during peak seasons)
- Experience using applicant tracking systems, human resources information systems, and other recruiting-related applications
- Strong MS Office skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
We’d love to see:
- Demonstrated success driving diversity recruiting initiatives
- Recruitment experience directly in the Financial/Technology industry
If this sounds like you:
Submit your application and we'll get in touch!
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services cultivates innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.