Earnings Specialist EMEA
Posted Jan 25, 2023 - Requisition No. 113661
About the company...
Bloomberg News invests in its journalism and its journalists. We have a culture in which you will be supported and challenged to innovate, to learn new skills and to deliver news in a manner best suited to the modern reader's interests. You will grow as a writer, as a data-driven journalist, and over time you will be exposed to a rich selection of opportunities only available at the world's most credible financial news organization.
Who we're looking for...
We are seeking a candidate interested in company news -- trends, growth, profit and loss -- and who is passionate about working with technology and reams of data to cover corporate earnings as quickly as possible, while presenting the numbers in the right context at the same time.
Do some, but not necessarily all, of the skills and interests mentioned below sound like you? If so, please apply. You are someone who...
- Is curious and willing to learn about how to work with automated and semi-automated tools
- Can effectively convey technical matters to a broad audience in plain, colloquial English
- Is happy to wear many hats
- Is a confident writer, or wants to learn how to become one
- Understands that being fast and accurate actually requires a lot of behind-the-scenes preparation
- Is able to autonomously and proactively coordinate with a variety of peers and stakeholders
- Can speak either German or French fluently
We want to be honest with you that this position didn't exist this time last year, so if you're worried you don't have the perfect set of skills for the role, we want you to stop right there -- very few people do.
About the role...
In this role, you will be at the center of the intersection of data and journalism. You will work with the entire newsroom to help journalists use the data and tools at their fingertips. This is one of the most innovative and dynamic areas of our field, where automation, data and news judgment come together to produce unbelievable results in the blink of an eye. You'll also be connecting the dots of the wider earnings trends in Europe, and then writing stories that capture those trends.
On typical day in this role, you will...
- Use Bloomberg's technology, aided by artificial intelligence and automation, to write previews on upcoming earnings, and then publish earnings stories in real-time.
- Communicate with colleagues across the newsroom and other departments to help us improve the quality and depth of our earnings product.
- Be an ambassador for the latest and greatest, the new process that saves time, or the new dataset that adds context.
- Stitch together broader themes from the earnings of individual companies, and write those stories.
If you currently live outside of London, we will support relocation and immigration as necessary for you and your dependents.
If this sounds like you…
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org