Posted Jan 10, 2023 - Requisition No. 113308
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. At Bloomberg, we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. At the core of this network is our ability to deliver data, news and analytics through innovative technology – quickly and accurately. Around the clock, around the globe – we empower business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed across platforms.
Are you interested in markets and companies coverage? Do you want to unearth the next big trend to drive company financials? Are you exhilarated by the intensity of earnings season, with all its shocks and surprises?
If so, come join the Data-Driven News team as we tackle one of the newsroom's biggest upcoming initiatives -- a vast expansion in our EMEA earnings coverage. Armed with our latest technology and extensive preparation, you'll ensure we're providing the best possible package for readers across the entirety of the earnings news flow. You'll contribute to coverage of a large and geographically diverse set of companies, from the preview to the moment of release all the way through to the market reaction. We want to dive deeper into company segments, utilize estimates comparisons to provide instant context, and mine conference calls for interesting commentary; markets will rise and fall based on your reporting.
We'll trust you to:
- Ensure our earnings coverage is complete from start to finish and contains market-moving data and context
- Look for ways to bring our coverage to the next level
- Work with Extraction teams on opportunities to automate coverage
- Stay on top of major stories and trends that matter to market participants
- Mine earnings statements for key financial data in real time and look for opportunities for further coverage
- Work across departments outside of News to ensure we have the right data and context
- Collaborate with other teams within News including Breaking News, Global Business and Markets teams
You need to have:
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
- Experience in financial or business news in an EMEA market
- Understanding of company financials
- Familiarity working with automated content and semi-automation tools
- Willingness to learn and work with machine learning and processing systems
- Levelheadedness for solving problems quickly and confidently in high-pressure situations
- Excellent communication skills
- An all-hands-on deck, team-player mentality and a constructive, flexible, and reliable attitude
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com