Bloomberg offers a comprehensive macroeconomic research service. That includes detailed forecasts, supported by rigorous and original thematic research. Our economists also produce previews of major data releases and economic events, analysis of the numbers as they break, daily regional briefs and a weekly call on global events.
You should be someone who can bring to bear their experience of working for a financial firm or policy institution to provide crisp analysis and forecasts, informed by extensive country/regional knowledge.
We'll trust you to:
- Produce insightful research, comprehensive economic forecasts and speedy reactions to data
- Demonstrate a knack for verbal, visual, and written communication, delivering clear and compelling analysis to Bloomberg's broad audience
- Be comfortable speaking on TV and in front of large audiences
- Be a passionate teammate who sees the benefits of collaboration. This is crucial as you will work with other economists and economics editors to produce content
You'll need to have:
- Relevant experience in economic analysis, with proven expertise in analysing the euro area’s economic data, monetary and fiscal policies and long-term structural challenges
- A graduate degree or equivalent in economics
- English fluency. Other languages a plus
- Energy and initiative needed to provide a consistent flow of high-quality analysis, eschewing ideological or political points of view
- Ability to generate good content across a variety of formats and speeds, ranging from rapid turnaround responses to economic events to longer term collaborative research into major global economic trends
- High level ability to use sophisticated statistical programs
- Applications from those with policy experience are encouraged
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.