Economy Reporter - London
Posted May 4, 2021 - Requisition No. 90545
With more than 100 economics reporters and 25 economists worldwide, Bloomberg Economics has an unrivaled capacity to explain where the global economy is and where it is heading.
We are now looking for a senior reporter with experience and exceptional energy to cover the U.K. economy as it emerges from the deepest recession in 300 years and grapples with the ongoing pandemic and the aftermath of Brexit.
The role involves delivering scoops, writing analysis with authority and generating sharp enterprise. You will be expected to cover key indicators, the decisions of fiscal and monetary policy makers and spot trends in society and markets.
Questions over how fast will the economy recover from the pandemic, how will the government manage the public finances and how will the Bank of England balance the risks facing the economy will be at the heart of the stories you will cover.
You will shape coverage across Bloomberg's terminal, print, radio and television platforms and collaborate with teams of journalists in the U.K., Europe and further afield. Collaboration is especially important to this position; the successful candidate will be someone whom we believe can not only deliver great coverage in their own right but also help us to nurture and develop our talent, in the economics team and the broader newsroom.
We'll trust you to:
- Have the energy and drive to come up with ideas and turn them into smart, fast stories on economics and UK economic policy as well as identify broad economic trends
- Collaborate with different bureaus and teams across Bloomberg News
- Be up to date on major news stories and trends that matter to financial and business clients
You need to have:
- Deep knowledge of the U.K. economy, financial markets and business
- Experience in producing copy under short deadline pressure and enterprise over longer time frames
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
If this sounds like you, apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.