Bloomberg is a leading provider of electronic trading tools and services for all segments of the financial markets, and our Electronic Trading Operations (ETO) team is responsible for ensuring the implementation, stability, and reliability of those offerings.
Our team implements new connections and detects, analyzes, and resolves issues impacting connectivity with clients, vendors, exchanges, brokers, and ATS venues. The team ensures seamless performance with our Electronic Trading platforms through interaction with Bloomberg Product areas, Network Operations, Engineering, and Bloomberg’s clients.
What’s the role ?
An Electronic Trading Operations Representative's primary responsibility is to implement new connections and troubleshoot and resolve issues impacting the businesses ETO supports and their clients. This individual takes ownership and handles escalated technical issues with urgency, provides internal and external communications related to the issues, and liaises with Product, Tradedesk, Engineering, and clients to mitigate financial risk for the business and its' clients. In short, they are expected to provide exceptional customer service to both the business and their clients and demonstrate professionalism under pressure.
We’ll trust you to:
- Build and certify new connections, configure the appropriate applications for these connections, and complete post-production testing
- Provide client feedback to the Product team gleaned through the certification process
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues related to our Electronic Trading products
- Prevent production incidents and outages by partnering with Engineering and Product teams to provision for future system and Product changes
- Examine root cause statistics for historical production issues to aid in designing preventative Support Tools as well as Product enhancements
- Design enhancements to existing and help create new Configuration, Monitoring, and Troubleshooting Support tools
- Help prioritize and manage Product backlog, ensuring successful resolution to high importance production issues
- Conduct capacity planning for business-as-usual and high volume scenarios by routinely analyzing client flows and trading statistics
- Help design metrics collection tools for internal consumption and trading system benchmarking
- Help design and document trading system recovery procedures
- Effectively manage client communication using language appropriate for non-technical users
- Liaise between the customer and escalation points to manage expectations and expedite implementation to reduce time to market
You’ll need to have :
- Solid Experience in an electronic trading operations environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or a closely related field is a must
- Strong knowledge of the Equity, Options, Futures and FX markets is required and any exposure to Broker/Dealers, Hedge Funds is preferable
- Expertise with Message Protocols, including FIX.4.0, FIX.4.2, and FIX.4.4 is a must
- Technical background is a must, as well as knowledge of programming fundamentals and business systems design
- Proven complex problem solving skills and expertise with strong attention to detail
- Effective prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, to multi-task, to be a team-player, and to be client focused
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced changing environment
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills with focused on root cause resolution
We’d love to see:
- Exhibit leadership in supporting business and technology goals through creative thinking and strong problem management
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and stored procedures (experience with SQL or transactional databases preferred)
- Experience in UNIX and Linux operating system and commands
- Experience troubleshooting LAN / WAN and in Middleware connectivity (TCP/IP, MQ, UDP)
- Prior experience in operating with large structured and un-structured datasets such as indexed data an delimited complex system logs
- Knowledge of any scripting language, including Perl, Bash, Korn, and Python
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Opening Date: 14th February 2017
Closing Date: 14th March 2017