Bloomberg is a leading provider of electronic trading tools and services for all segments of the financial markets, and our Electronic Trading Operations (ETO) team is responsible for ensuring the implementation, stability, and reliability of those offerings.
We implement new connections and detect, analyze, and resolve issues impacting connectivity with clients, vendors, exchanges, brokers, and ATS venues. We ensure seamless performance with our Electronic Trading platforms through interaction with Bloomberg Product areas, Network Operations, Engineering, and Bloomberg’s clients. We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our clients internally and externally count on us daily. We challenge and support each other to deliver the best service possible.
What’s the Role?
As a key member of Bloomberg's Electronic Trading Operations team you'll be responsible for implementing new electronic trading connections for our customers, ensuring a transition process post sale through to solution go-live. You'll also be the trusted authority troubleshooting and resolving issues impacting the businesses we support and our clients directly. You know how to handle complex technical issues with ease, enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues across departments as well as providing extraordinary support and knowledge to our clients. You will be critical in minimizing impact and mitigating financial risk for these businesses and their clients.
As an ETO representative, we’ll trust you to:
- Build and certify new connections, configure applications for these connections, and complete post-production testing
- Provide client feedback to the Product team gathered through the certification process
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues related to our Electronic Trading products
- Handle client communication using language appropriate for non-technical users
- Prevent production incidents and outages by partnering with Engineering and Product teams to design and implement future system and Product changes
- Examine root cause statistics for trends in production issues
- Design improvements to existing and new Configuration, Monitoring, and Troubleshooting Support tools
- Help prioritize and run the Product backlog
- Conduct capacity planning by analyzing client flows and trading statistics
- Help develop metrics for internal consumption and trading system benchmarking
- Help design and document trading system recovery procedures
- Liaise with Bloomberg’s clients and our internal Product, Tradedesk, and Engineering groups to handle client expectations and expedite implementation
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in information systems or a related technology field, or relevant work experience
- Expertise with Message Protocols, including FIX.4.0, FIX.4.2, and FIX.4.4
- Experience in UNIX and Linux operating systems and commands, troubleshooting LAN / WAN, and in Middleware connectivity (TCP/IP, MQ, UDP)
- Demonstrated history of solving complex problems with a keen eye for detail
- Strong project management for executing customer driven short term projects and implementation requests
- Demonstrated leadership in supporting business and technology goals through creative thinking and strong problem management
- Excellent communication skills and effective prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to remain calm under urgency, to multi-task, to be a team-player, to be client focused, and to adapt in a dynamic changing environment
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
We’d love to see:
- Strong knowledge of the Equity, Options, Futures and FX markets and any exposure to Broker/Dealers, Hedge Funds
- Experience with SQL or transactional databases and operating large structured and un-structured datasets (such as indexed data and delimited complex system logs)
- Knowledge of a scripting language, such as Perl, Bash, Korn, and Python
- Project management or Information Security related certification (PMP, ITIL, etc.)
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.