Electronic Trading Operations Team Leader - EMEA
Posted Feb 27, 2019 - Requisition No. 73847
Who we are:
In global markets, buy-side and sell-side professionals strive to achieve the best execution across multiple asset classes. Our Electronic Trading Operations (ETO) team is responsible for ensuring the implementation, stability, and reliability of those offerings.
We implement new connections and detect, analyze, and resolve issues impacting applications and connectivity with clients, vendors, exchanges, brokers, and ATS venues. We ensure seamless performance with our Electronic Trading platforms through interaction with Bloomberg Product areas, Network Operations, Engineering, and Bloomberg’s clients.
We are ambitious and set ourselves tough business goals. We are a meritocracy, where everyone has a voice - not a job title. Working with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with is more important than titles or position.
Bloomberg is so much more than the products and services we deliver to our customers. We use data and analytics to organize, understand and improve our world.
Who you are:
You come to work with a purpose. You work fast and hard, understand what urgency means to a trader, are curious and take pride in being customer service driven. You love being part of a department where clients count on you every day, and you challenge and support your team to innovate, learn and deliver the best service possible.
What’s The Role?
As an Electronic Trading Operations Team Leader, you're essential in minimizing impact and mitigating financial risk for our clients across their electronic trading solutions. They'll depend on you to ensure a smooth transition process post sale through to solution go-live. You'll be key to ensuring that we provide specialized technical support and ensure the smooth onboarding of new electronic trading clients.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Lead your team to analyze and troubleshoot issues related to our Electronic Trading products in a production environment
- Prevent production incidents and outages by partnering with Engineering and Product teams to design and implement future system and Product changes
- Examine root cause statistics for trends in production issues
- Design improvements to existing and new Configuration, Monitoring, and Troubleshooting Support tools
- Help prioritize and be responsible for the Product backlog
- Conduct capacity planning by analyzing client flows and trading statistics
- Help develop metrics for internal consumption and trading system benchmarking
- Work closely with our clients and our internal Product, Tradedesk, and Engineering groups to facilitate expectations, influence and expedite implementation and resolution of issues
You’ll Need To Have:
- Previous leadership experience
- Knowledge of Message Protocols; FIX, MQ
- Good working product knowledge of Equity, Options, Futures, Fixed Income and FX market workflows.
- A good understanding of MiFID II regulation and compliance.
- A technical curiosity with a passion for customer service and a genuine interest in financial markets.
- A willingness to learn and apply knowledge
- Superb communication and client facing skills
- An ability to handle your time effectively and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to remain calm working with urgency, multi-task, be a team-player, be client focused, and to adapt in a dynamic changing environment
We’d Love To See:
- Knowledge of a second European Language
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.