Email Marketing Specialist (Full time - London)
Posted Sep 2, 2021 - Requisition No. 93880
We work hard, and we work fast – while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
The Bloomberg Marketing Studio is Bloomberg's in-house content, creative and digital marketing group. Working on assignments for print, digital, environmental, interactive and broadcast projects, the Studio has writing, design, production and content capabilities. We drive projects across the full spectrum of Bloomberg, both internally and externally. We work across a global workflow, with staff in major Bloomberg offices.
What's the role?
The Email Marketing Specialist is responsible for providing digital marketing production support to the marketing team. This role serves as a primary point of contact for email marketing campaigns but also for basic website updates. This role involves guiding the strategy, design, and development of various email marketing programs. The ideal candidate is proficient in and passionate about digital marketing: enthusiastically identifies, recommends, and implements measurable improvements, and crafts strategies for future campaigns based on in-depth analysis of results.
We’ll trust you to:
- Partner closely with marketing managers, event planners, social media managers, copywriters, art directors, designers, and developers to deliver outstanding digital experiences
- Execute digital marketing strategies on various digital platforms in over 12 major markets globally
- Build complex marketing automation campaigns that involve multiple third-party solutions and services
- Check and test your own work to ensure the highest level of quality and accurate deliverables
- Build, update, and maintain web pages – including form creation – and understand how data flows from one platform to another
- Monitor, analyse, and report on email and web campaigns – and provide insights and recommendations based on results
- Practice and implement digital best practices while adhering to global brand guidelines
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve technical issues quickly, or provide alternative solutions when necessary
- Represent the greater Studio team in conversations with our Marketing partners and other business personnel
- Work cross-functionally and build relationships within the Studio, the rest of Marketing, and the greater External Relations team
- Maintain an innovation-first approach; staying up-to-date with the latest tech and trends in the digital space while always looking for ways to optimise, improve and enhance what we do
You’ll need to have:
- Experience working in email marketing
- Solid knowledge in planning and building an effective email campaign (audience targeting and segmenting, personalization, optimisation, deployment etc)
- The ability to test campaigns, interpret real time data and optimize accordingly (dynamic content, cadence, A/B testing, user experience and journey, etc.)
- An understanding of how to best integrate it into a larger marketing program (landing page, social media, SEM, content marketing) Experience with Eloqua (preferred) or similar enterprise-level email service providers (Responsys, ExactTarget, etc.)
- An understanding of email deliverability and email performance analysis
- Experience with and understanding of email tracking / email marketing analytics tools (for email) and Google Analytics/Google Tag Manager (for web)
- Experience using a content management system, such as WordPress
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Workspace (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Clear, articulate, and professional communication skills regardless of channel (email, phone, face to face), location (New York, London, Hong Kong, Sydney, etc.), and department (engineering, communications, media, sales)
- Organisation skills and able to thrive in a fast-paced, transparent environment
- The ability to project-manage your own campaigns, run your time well, prioritise your workload, and track your hours accurately
- A self-starter mentality with strong work ethic and an insatiable appetite to learn
- Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
We’d love to see:
- Prior experience in a digital marketing agency or an in-house email market team
- Prior experience operating in a fast-moving multinational company
- Prior experience in reading/writing internal, external, and inline CSS
- Prior experience with lead scoring or engagement models
- Some understanding of responsive design (with and without media queries)
- Some photo or graphic editing skills (Photoshop, Sketch, etc.)
- Knowledge of, or prior experience in one or more of the following disciplines: web development, UI, UX, design, art production, video, SEO/SEM
- Knowledge of financial markets and institutional financial services would be helpful
If this sounds like you:
Apply – and if we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps. In the meantime, watch this proud reminder of our purpose:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.