Employee Communications Manager
Posted Mar 31, 2021 - Requisition No. 89912
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision-makers in business, finance and government a competitive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, delivered through innovative technology. Our people work well under pressure and thrive in a team environment. We also have great snacks.
Bloomberg’s internal communications team informs employees about our strategy, products and services, empowering them to accomplish business objectives. These communications also engage employees with the Bloomberg culture, with each other and with those in their networks – all while encouraging a commitment to the company’s philanthropic mission. The result? Employees who drive our business forward, while feeling motivated about growing a long-term career within the company.
What’s the role?
We’re looking for an experienced and highly-motivated internal communications professional to partner with leaders across our EMEA region. You will develop and execute organizational communications and strategic programs in our highly dynamic firm, with a particular focus on our Financial Products business.
You'll advise, write and edit on behalf of these leaders – your clients - as they communicate changes ranging from re-organizations to shifts in strategy. You’re the kind of person who finds satisfaction in providing people with outstanding service based on your communications experience and organizational insight.
When delivering effective, creative and critical communications, you do it with a smile, a sense of humour and urgency. You know how to be discrete; displaying a balance of the professional and the personable comes naturally to you.
We'll trust you to handle:
- Sales enablement: Create content that will help our client-facing department stay up-to-date with market developments and strategic priorities.
- Executive communications: Thanks to your knack for quickly developing rapport (regardless of someone's seniority), you'll embrace the voice of Bloomberg's management as you write, edit and distribute compelling messages on their behalf, through a variety of media.
- Organizational change: Partner with business leaders and HR partners to link shifts to strategic intentions and marketplace dynamics. Your work will bring sense and meaning for more than 5,000 employees. To do so, you’ll plan ahead but pivot your approach as needed.
- Employee engagement: Develop engaging content for our regional internal communications channels, including newsletters, employee social media platform, internal business meetings, videos, podcasts, etc.
You'll need to have:
- Relevant experience working in internal communications in various disciplines, such as organizational, change and executive communications.
- Experience working directly with and advising senior business leaders in executing communications plans that achieve business objectives.
- A very sensitive eye for detail. Typos aren't your thing; detailed execution is.
- Self-starting, get-it-done worldview. People trust you – and they like working with you.
- Speed and adaptability, especially when writing and editing on-the-fly and working through iteration.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Demonstrable content samples (executive memos, speeches, talking points, FAQs, town hall agendas, video scripts, change plans, etc.) created to support internal communications campaigns.
- Ability to work in an open environment is a must.
We'd love to see:
- If you worked in an internal communications capacity within the financial technology or financial services industries, well, that's just the icing on the cake!
- Able to get up to speed quickly on Bloomberg's business, priorities and organizational structure.
- A deep interest in organizational psychology.
- Strong collaborator who understands the complexity of entertaining multiple audiences and navigating their diverse interests and goals.
- An ability to keep calm and work quickly amidst a crisis.
- Ability to operate with urgency and do eleven things at once – and do them well.
- High degree of professionalism, flexibility and customer-focus.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.