We are seeking a talented, highly-motivated individual to join our Energy Smart Technologies analyst team in London. You’re someone with a keen interest in innovation and disruption and have a flair for forming original opinions on complex topics. You are comfortable with thinking both quantitatively and qualitatively and have the ability to communicate your ideas to a broad audience. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of working with colleagues and clients with a diverse range of skills and backgrounds.
You will be based in our London office, working as part of our Energy Smart Technologies analyst team at Bloomberg New Energy Finance - the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading change in the energy system. With the unique depth and breadth of our comprehensive BNEF platform, we help clients stay on top of developments across the energy spectrum.
What's the role:
- You will join our Energy Smart Technologies analyst team in London.
- Together with the team members, you will identify topics of interest to clients, conduct research, and produce written reports on the findings.
- You will frequently collaborate with the sales team in building new audiences for your analysis.
- You will be working with colleagues and clients based around the world – periodic travel is expected.
We'll trust you to:
- Become an expert on transformation in the energy sector, providing insights on the changing relationship between energy providers and consumers and the uptake of new energy technologies.
- Get quickly up to speed on key concepts such as smart grid, virtual power plants, demand response, intelligent buildings and the connected home.
- Think critically, cut through the noise of quantitative and qualitative information and to form original, defensible opinions based on this.
- Collaborate closely with analysts across the company to create new tools and data sets to track to the development of the energy sector.
- Communicate your ideas, verbally, in writing and visually through charts and diagrams.
- Develop a network of contacts in the industry to gather information and insight on the sector.
- Engage with clients and industry figures regularly.
You’ll need to have:
- A degree in a scientific, engineering, economics or humanities discipline.
- The willingness to learn quickly and adapt as new subjects grow in importance.
- The ability to form original opinions based on both qualitative and quantitative information.
- Exceptional communication skills: written (for research reports), verbal (for presentations at conferences, to clients, or to the media) and visually (creating charts and diagrams to support your analysis).
- The collaborative skills necessary to work effectively with colleagues from a range of countries and backgrounds.
- Fluency in English.
We’d love to see:
- Candidates with previous experience of the energy sector or other industries in transformation.
- Fluency in non-English languages, particularly German, Italian or Spanish.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.