Engineering Program Manager - Data Services
Posted Sep 30, 2022 - Requisition No. 109457
Bloomberg runs on data. It's our business and our product. From the biggest banks to the most elite hedge funds, financial institutions need timely, accurate data to capture opportunities and evaluate risk in fast-moving markets. The Data & Analytics Product Delivery Management Office (PDMO) works closely with Engineering to build empowered, autonomous and multi-disciplinary teams delivering the right products, in the right way, as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Data Services is responsible for core data and analytics services that provide a single point of entry for Bloomberg Terminal and Enterprise applications to retrieve any kind of data available in Bloomberg. Our services serve more than 300 billion requests per day which only keeps on growing year over year. A great majority of Bloomberg engineering teams are either our clients or providers. They look to us to guide them to modern design. They link in our libraries and use our services. In other scenarios, we work with many groups across engineering to adopt our vision and new design patterns. We are looking for an enthusiastic problem solver and an experienced program manager to join us and help deliver these efforts!
As a Program Manager in the Data & Analytics PDMO you will join a dynamic team of Program Managers responsible for building cultures of collaboration and driving the execution of business critical and strategic initiatives. In this capacity, you will be aligned with the Data Services Engineering organization and have the opportunity to establish structure and processes while building relationships. You will collaborate with Product Managers, development teams, and business partners to drive initiatives that enable internal and external clients to use Bloomberg data through our Data Services.
This position is a hybrid role with 3 days per week in our London office and 2 days per week remote.
We will trust you to:
- Manage complex, cross-functional projects throughout the development lifecycle from inception through launch.
- Build and thoroughly understand robust roadmaps that set the right expectations with stakeholders, see around corners, anticipate and mitigate risks.
- Partner with Engineering and Product to help develop and track product roadmaps.
- Excel in managing programs and projects but also keep an eye on the big picture and not be afraid to upend existing systems and processes if need be.
- Assess, adapt and introspect right-fit delivery framework (methodologies, tools and techniques) most appropriate to help the team achieve their goal as efficiently as possible
- Improve team's performance by helping them to continuously reflect and improve, encouraging team cohesiveness through leadership and mentoring to facilitate successful delivery.
- Work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment requiring good judgment and flexibility.
You will need to have:
- Experience in a program management capacity, including all aspects from process development to execution.
- Experience working with agile development practices and proven track record of implementing Agile to new and existing teams.
- Proven ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience managing and maintaining a portfolio of projects, prioritizing and categorization of tasks, costs and risks in a fast-moving environment.
- Demonstrated strong performance in prior roles with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Results-oriented attitude and ability to follow through on tasks in a timely and responsible manner.
- Success with building cultures of collaboration with people across organizations, including upper management, clients, and business partners.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Foundational knowledge of IT infrastructure, architecture
- Foundational knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and software development methodologies.
We'd love to see:
- Certified Scrum Master or Certified Scrum Professional (CSM or CSP)
- Experience using JIRA for planning and tracking
- Experience in leading or being part of Agile transformation in an organization that previously followed traditional/waterfall software development processes
- PRINCE2, PMP, SAFe Certification
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.