Engineering Team Lead - Feeds SDLC
Posted Oct 27, 2022 - Requisition No. 110886
Real-time market data is at the core of Bloomberg's business and we are responsible for the software that provides it. Our feed handlers consume data from hundreds of exchanges and financial institutions around the world and translate it into normalized streams. The data we provide is flowing into applications across Bloomberg and ultimately is used by clients driving financial markets. Performance and reliability are key features of our software, and our mission is to provide the best quality financial data in the world.
The Feeds SDLC Team's mission is “Enabling developers to deliver high-quality software fast”. Feeds SDLC is the center of excellence in Feeds for Developer Experience topics such as CI/CD pipelines, local development, software quality, software analytics, automated testing, packaging and ultimately, deployment into production. We work closely with the wider Bloomberg Developer Experience teams and CTO to accomplish our mission. We are an enthusiastic, friendly and collaborative team of engineers who are all passionate about learning and helping fellow engineers on a daily basis.
You’ll need to have:
- Experience leading a technical team
- Experience planning and managing execution of software projects in an agile environment
- The ability to effectively listen to, communicate with and influence stakeholders
- Excellent problem solving skills and experience with Python, C++ or any other comparable software languages
- Experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle
- A keen interest in keeping up with technological advances
We'll trust you to:
- Inspire and motivate an enthusiastic team to achieve success, while supporting individual growth and development
- Define the SDLC process for Feeds and establish SDLC best practices to achieve the team's mission
- Develop strong partnerships across global Market Data teams, Developer Experience teams and possibly develop external partnerships
- Lead the development of technical solutions to meet current and future business needs
At Bloomberg we are extremely proud of our diverse, open, and inclusive culture. We value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to complex problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of financial institutions and decision-makers around the world.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.