Engineering Team Lead - Software Security Platform
Posted Dec 20, 2022 - Requisition No. 112581
Bloomberg’s business is market data, servicing hundreds of thousands of financial professionals. The Platform Security group, in partnership with our Information Security, thought leadership and Security Operations groups, aims to keep the company’s information and products secure, enables developers to secure the solutions they build and enables workplace agility without compromising security.
The Platform Security team is responsible for building the foundational tools and technologies to enable Bloomberg to deliver its products and services securely. Some of our core focus areas include:
- Data encryption & secrecy
- Strong authentication frameworks
- Next generation resource access in a hybrid work environment
- Security detection & analytics using big data technologies
We are an open source first team, favouring open standards where possible, and building on open source technology where available. Many members of our team are active open source contributors, looking to give back to these communities, wherever possible.
We're looking to onboard strong technology and people leaders who are able to build diverse teams, capable of taking a long term view to building out a security platform. We expect our leaders to create inclusive, self-managing teams, which take pragmatic decisions and make technology a means to an end. We work with a variety of partners inside the firm, and open collaboration is in the DNA of our company. We expect our leaders to be proactive, build effective relationships based on trust, and think holistically about the company and its clients at large.
You’ll need to have:
- A demonstrated hands-on software engineering background and experience leading teams of software engineers and/or SRE's
- Proven experience building reliable infrastructure solutions used easily by a range of applications
- Ability to hire, retain, and nurture diverse talent, creating a team culture where individuals feel safe expressing themselves and trying new things
- Experience working with multiple partners and building long standing relationships
- Ability to track, and if possible contribute to, open standards and industry best practices
- Involvement in promoting your team’s talent and resources across the broader organisation
We’d love to see:
- Experience working in the security domain, especially those highlighted in the sections above
- Experience working with containerised and public cloud environments and large scale distributed systems
- Open source involvement such as well-curated blogs, accepted contributions, or community presence
- Unique approaches to technology and team building which are not generally prevalent
To find out more about Engineering at Bloomberg, check out www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org