Engineering Team Leader - Artificial Intelligence
Posted Dec 1, 2022 - Requisition No. 109225
Bloomberg offers unparalleled coverage across News and Social Media, Alternative Data, Research, and Live Markets to our clients. In addition, we provide advanced tools to retrieve information, run analyses and execute trades. To facilitate delivering this information and analytics to our clients, the AI Engineering group builds data-driven, distributed, high-throughput solutions which are collectively used billions of times a day. Our team of 200+ research engineers – organized into 6 divisions and more than 25 teams – work together to architect and implement these data-driven customer-facing products end to end, as well as to develop AI infrastructure and algorithms used by engineers and data scientists across the company. When designing and building AI-driven products we often need to develop solutions that go beyond textbook approaches or even state-of-the-art, and we actively share our findings externally through, for instance, scientific publications or by contributing to open source software.
The AI Engineering group is looking for senior team leads who specialize in the fields of natural language processing (NLP), machine learning (ML), finance, speech, or information retrieval (IR) to help us build the next generation of AI-driven Bloomberg products. The projects we are looking to hire for include dialog understanding, news analytics, information extraction, fixed income pricing and workflow optimization, data engineering, search, question answering, and recommender systems. If these sound like the projects you are passionate about and want to work on, please apply! You can check out our blog at https://TechAtBloomberg.com/AI to learn more about our projects, research, and open source contributions.
We'll trust you to:
- Participate in the development process of ML based financial products as a technical leader,
- Collaborate with colleagues on production machine-learning systems and applications,
- Design, experiment, and evaluate software systems,
- Write, test, and maintain production-quality code,
- Represent Bloomberg at conferences and open-source communities,
- Demonstrate technical leadership by owning cross-team projects, and
- Build the libraries and frameworks that support fault tolerant and testable systems.
You’ll need to have:
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, C++, or Java
- Proficiency in software development life cycle including backend and frontend systems
- At least one of the following:
- a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, and/or
- an equivalent combination of education, and/or
- specialized training, and/or
- related professional experience.
We'd love to see:
- Demonstrated experience of building a suite of applications with extensibility in mind
- Previous experience in a team leader capacity
- An understanding and appreciation for agile development practices
- Financial domain knowledge and experience (not required)
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.