Engineering Team Leader - Ticker Plant
Posted Feb 28, 2022 - Requisition No. 101000
The Ticker Plant is at the heart of Bloomberg’s market data system. It processes, stores, and distributes data streams from millions of different instruments and enables hundreds of thousands of financial professionals to drive the world economy. The Ticker Plant’s software by necessity is highly scalable, distributed, performant, and stable.
Examples of existing projects we’re working on:
- The creation of a tool that allows comparison and drilldowns of real-time, production datastreams between a reference and candidate build.
- Build out procedures and processes for a new quality assurance function executed by contractors. This involves setting up reporting systems, standardizing documentation practices, and championing automization of tests.
- Research behavior driven development frameworks and standardize their use within Ticker Plant. This involves prototyping, system design, and training.
What’s your role in this?
As a Team Lead, your task will be to unlock the latent potential of your team to maximize their impact on Ticker Plant goals. This will involve extensive coaching, clear communication of goals, stakeholder management, and cross-team collaboration. You’ll be the visible head of many critical initiatives, but will actively build members of your team so they can take this responsibility instead.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be responsible for the team’s performance on achieving clear-cut goals.
- Collaborate with the team to build plans and present them regularly to key stakeholders.
- Actively participate in the team’s work, especially in a mentorship and training capacity.
What we are looking for:
- A strong C++ developer who enjoys designing and building systems that are directly tied to organizational goals.
- A desire for growth in software engineering leadership skills
- A track record of solving problems using a combination of architectural design, existing systems, and creative process
- Substantial experience leading teams
We’d love to see:
- Experience working with large systems
- Leadership experience outside of day-to-day operations
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.