Enterprise Data - Data/Solutions Architect
Posted Apr 12, 2022 - Requisition No. 102453
We’re Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and expanding! We have worked hard to become the $1bn business we are today. We deliver an unparalleled and ever growing breadth and depth of enterprise content to the world's leading market participants. Without us, they simply can’t operate.
We are fundamentally re-imagining (https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/enterprise-access-point/) how we grow our business by making our content and data platform more application ready, reducing client TCO and time to market.
You will be a key person in crafting our “One Data” (https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/datasets/) strategy, and in driving our platform and products forwards to scale our business. You will bring a wealth of experience and understanding of our clients and their businesses.
We are seeking an individual with expertise across many of the following areas:
- ETL Engineering
- Enterprise Application Development
- Big Data (Hadoop/Spark)
- Traditional RDBMS and SQL coding
- Schema and Class Model Design
- Metamodel and metadata design for automation
You are keen to work as a leader with vision, not just as an implementer. You will influence individual product design and overall platform architecture. You will prototype designs and demonstrate them to non-technical and technical stakeholders. You will take a lead role in designing, specifying and prototyping large and sophisticated data models and data sets (financial and non-financial) with a wide range of tools, methods and platforms.
An open, creative approach is critical to your success. We expect you to explore and evaluate areas of interest, understand what is possible, recognize which models or concepts should be applied, and how the data should be acquired. And above all be able to demonstrate how to build a solution to demonstrate this.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work with clients, sales, engineering and product
- Take ownership for the Data Architecture of multiple data products
- Understand a broad range of participants across addressable markets
You’ll need to have:
- 10+ years of experience in financial services
- Familiarity with logical and/or physical data and metadata modelling techniques to tackle sophisticated business demands with data rather than with code
- Strong experience with the tools to handle large diverse data sets
- Experience with diverse technology applications and associated architectures
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.