Enterprise Data – EMEA Sales Development Representative
Posted Aug 17, 2020 - Requisition No. 84408
Bloomberg Enterprise Data (ED) is continuing to experience a prolonged period of unprecedented growth. Our Data and Technology solutions focus upon the acquisition, organisation and distribution of content around financial firms. With ground-breaking innovation across Bloomberg products, we work in partnership with our clients by taking out the heavy lifting, enabling them to do more with less.
As Enterprise Data continues to enjoy success and year on year revenue growth, we have a spot open to join the Sales Development team in EMEA. This job is perfect for an individual keen to work on sales and specialise in our suite of data and technology solutions. The successful candidate will be responsible for lead generation, new business strategies and marketing, managing relationships with assigned accounts as well as hunting for growth opportunities. The career path from the Sales Development role is generally to our Generalist or Specialist teams, with more focused coverage on key accounts in a region, or wider opportunities within the group.
We'll trust you to:
- Generate and progress sales leads and pipeline
- Maintain and grow revenue within existing accounts
- Proactively prospect within your assigned region via calls, meetings and events
- Foster new and existing relationships with your clients to be seen as a trusted business partner
- Collaborate internally to build strategies for generating new business
- Stay informed about the evolving financial markets in order to spot trends, look for new opportunities and establish credibility with our clients by understanding their business
- Contribute innovative ideas that anticipate and address client needs
- Participate actively in new projects that drive departmental and firm-wide initiatives and goals
- Seek out additional ways to demonstrate leadership and make an impact, such as mentoring, involvement in training, running campaigns, and active involvement in product enhancement
You'll need to have:
- 5 years + experience in a technology and/or data sales role, selling into Financial Services organisations.
- An understanding of financial markets, trade flows and different asset classes
- Technical knowledge of data feeds, data technology and how this is relevant and used within the financial services sector
- Experience in building and maintaining client relationships with senior stakeholders and the c suite
- A demonstrated track record consultative sales skills, including competitive market research, lead generation, prospecting, business development and closing sales
- Experience of closing sales with multiple stakeholders and decision makers within complex organisations
- Entrepreneurial spirit and commercial awareness
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Comfort with a fast pace, changing environment with clear sales targets
- Knowledge of the Terminal and other Bloomberg businesses is favourable
If this sounds like you;
Apply if you think we're a good match.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Opening Date - 17th August 2020
Closing Date - 16th September 2020
Salary - competitive & Benefits