Enterprise Data – Implementations Specialist
Posted Mar 27, 2018 - Requisition No. 66255
Today our clients are under mounting pressure to do more with less, as demands to reduce operational risk and increase operational efficiency have never been greater. While firms acknowledge the need for enterprise-wide data consistency, ensuring its timeliness, quality, delivery, reliability and distribution remains a pervasive challenge.
The entire enterprise benefits from the consistency of Bloomberg's high-quality data when front, middle office and operations all work with the same information. Firms that commit to utilizing only highest-quality data can eliminate the data inconsistencies inherent to working with multiple vendors and lower their costs overall. A partnership with Bloomberg Enterprise Data allows just this, giving them strategic advantage.
What's the role?
As a key member of our EMEA Implementation Team, you will be responsible for the deployment of the entire suite of Bloomberg’s Enterprise Data products – real time and reference data. You will be the project owner and trusted go-to person for the client during this crucial product implementation period. I-Team Specialist is involved in a range of duties including pre-sales activities actual deployment and last but not least post implementation tasks as documentation and support handover. We work closely with our colleagues from the Technical Account Management and Production Support teams.
We’ll trust you to concentrate on the below 3 core areas;
Technical planning and pre-engagement analysis
- Provide specialist technical input at the pre-sale stage and document findings for the pre-sales proposal.
- Work with the Technical Account Management team to ensure the client is fully aware of the implementation processes and procedures
- Understand, document and manage any potential risks or challenges to the project
- Complete an analysis of the client's technical environment and understanding how their applications will utilize Bloomberg technology and services
- Undertake infrastructure reviews and be responsible for obtaining and communicating circuit and other network equipment management costs
- Work with the Content Specialist team to ensure that all data capacity requirements are understood in advance and that any technical dependencies are met (bandwidth analysis) Manage and execute the technical implementation process
- Implement the design as agree during pre-sales stage
- Coordinate and interact with internal groups as required
- Create and maintain the detailed technical implementation plan
- Provide implementation status reporting
- Ensure the shortest possible time to revenue, whilst maintaining highest standards of work
- Meet key implementation project milestones and communicate risks early
- Conduct initial training of client administration staff on management and entitlement tools and other reporting obligations Post implementation Quality Assurance
- Validate implementation and cross check against the requirements specified in any pre-sales document or proposal
- Complete Connectivity and Failover testing
- Undertake application testing using standard Bloomberg tools to ensure data flows are working as expected
- Sign off on the technical implementation and complete a production handover What do I need to apply?
- Understanding of the comparative benefits of various technical enterprise solutions (e.g. hosted, managed, deployed, close proximity)
- Technical market data analysis experience and knowledge of financial market data products, delivery services, APIs and protocol technologies.
- Awareness of software development, actual working experience with development would be great to see, but it's not essential
- Broad knowledge and experience of market data tools, reporting, entitlement and administration systems
- Demonstration of successful project management
- Proficiency in Excel, MS Visio, MS Project & Office Suite
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written), and comfortable being client-facing on a regular basis.
- Someone who gets motivated by successful project completion
At a minimum you will need;
We would also love to see;
- Experience working with Redhat Linux OS / Windows Desktop OS administration and tuning
- Unix scripting (e.g. Bash, Korn, Perl) and OS / Network administration & tools (e.g. FTP/SFTP, SCP, Telnet, SSH)
- Advanced network design capabilities
- Understanding of concepts of market data compliance rules & regulations
- Experience with market data contributions and real-time market data publishing
- Prince II or alternative project management qualification
- Additional European Language(s)are great to have
- Project Ownership
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
If this sounds like you;
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/enterprise/?utm_source=bloomberg-menu&bbgsum=DG-WS-09-13-ES-bbgmenu
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Salary - Competitive & Benefits
Open Date 13th April 2018
Closing Date 11th May 2018